I first learned this technique living with the San Bushman of Namibia.
这个办法我最早是从纳米比亚的 布须曼人那学来的
Now, it's gonna be pretty makeshift,but I haven't got long.
它是很好的替代品 不过还不够长
Okay, this will do.A little bit of a hook on that,enough length to keep me at distance from the snake.Okay.
好了 快弄好了 这里有一个小小的钩子 这长度够让我与蛇保持一定距离了 好了
As soon as he comes out, he is gonna be pissed, all right?
他一出来 肯定会大发雷霆 是不是
So light on your feet,and just watch what I'm doing.Let's get the rucksack out of the way first.
所以你得把步子放轻点 先来看看我是怎么做的 先把背包拿开
That sound tells me the rattler's still in there.
听上去响尾蛇还在里面
It also says that it's ready to defend itself,but its best defense is to stay in the crevice.
这声音也告诉我 它已经准备好自卫了 但对于它来说 最佳防御就是待在石头下面
And this is why these snakes like these sort of places,'cause they're very hard to get out.
这些蛇之所以喜欢待在这种地方 是因为在这些地方 你很难逮到它
You start putting your hand into it,you're just gonna get bit.
如果你将手伸进去 你就会被它咬上一口
Okay, look, here we go. Ooh.And that very distinct diamond head,and that tells you you're dealing with a killer of a snake.
瞧 搞定了 你看它的头部是菱形的 这表明 你正在和一只夺命杀手蛇打交道
If he gets those fangs into you,he'll inject you with this hemotoxic venom.
如果它的毒牙刺进你肉里 它就会把血毒素毒液注入你的血液
And basically, what it does is stop your blood coagulating.
这会造成你的血液无法凝结
You end up just vomiting and pooing blood.
你最后会呕吐 并伴随着便血
That's the nastiest sort of death you can imagine.
那是你能想象到的 最痛苦的一种死法
All right, let's put him out,and try and get him.
好了 我把它弄到这里来 想办法抓住他