手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 公正(第3级) > 正文

公正(MP3+中英字幕) 第5期:炸弹(5)

来源:可可英语 编辑:ivy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Her father closed his eyes, and the nurse smiled at Jane." Would you like a cup of tea, miss?"

父亲合上了双眼;护士朝简笑了笑。"你想要喝杯茶吗,小姐?"
"Yes, please," Jane said." It's going to be a long night."
"好的,来一杯吧。"简说,"这一夜长着呢。"
She held her father's hand, and watched him sleeping. He looks happy now, she thought. Like a baby.
她握住爸爸的手,看着他睡着的样子。他现在看上去很快活,她想,就像孩子一样。
But, what will he say when I tell him about the leg?
但是我跟他提起他的腿时他会说什么呢?
Next day, the doctor told Alan about his leg.
第二天,医生告诉阿兰他的腿的事情。
Jane sat by the bed and held his hand while he listened.
他听到时简就坐在旁边握着他的手。
He didn'"say anything, but tears came into his eyes.
他什么也没说,但眼中涌出了泪水。
"I'm very sorry, Mr Cole," the doctor said." But we had to do it."
实在抱歉,科尔先生,"医生说,"可我们只能这么做。
Your leg was broken in forty places and you lost a lot of blood. You're lucky to be alive?
你的腿断了40处,又失血过多。您能活下来已经是万幸了。
"Lucky!" Alan Cole said angrily," With this? Damn it, man, I'll never walk again!"
"万幸?!"阿兰·科尔生气地说,"就这样?去他的吧,我再也走不了路了!"
Oh yes, you will, Mr Cole. We'll get you an artificial leg.
"噢,不,科尔先生,你还能走路。我们会给你安一条假腿。
They're very good — they move like an ordinary leg. No one will see it under your trousers.
非常好使-活动起来就像真的一样。在裤子底下谁也看不出。
And will I be able to ride horses with it, or swim, or climb mountains?
那样我还能骑马、游泳或爬山吗?
"Well, perhaps not..." The doctor hesitated." We'll do our best for you, Mr Cole, believe me.
"这个嘛,也许不行……"医生犹犹豫豫地说,不过我们会尽力为你做的,科尔先生,相信我。
Now, here's some-thing to help you sleep." You'll feel better later.
瞧,这是助你睡眠的事物。你会感觉好些的。
All day, Jane waited in the hospital.
瞧,这是助你睡眠的物事。你会感觉好些的。"
She drank tea, read newspapers; had a meal, and held her father's hand as he slept?
她喝茶水,读报纸,吃了顿饭,父亲睡觉时她就拉着他的手。
No one came to visit. Her mother was dead; and her brother lived in Australia .
没有人前来探视。母亲已经去世了,哥哥住在澳大利亚。
At four o'clock her father woke up, and looked at her with big frightened eyes.
4点钟时,父亲醒了,用惊恐的大眼睛着着她。
"Janie?" he said. "Yes, Dad."
"简妮?他说。"我在这儿,爸爸。"
"What happened? The doctor said there was a bomb, didn't he? And I lost my leg . But…I can't remember."
"出了什么事?医生说有炸弹,不是吗?还说我的腿没了。可是...我想不起来了。"

重点单词   查看全部解释    
trousers ['trauzəz]

想一想再看

n. 裤子

 
artificial [.ɑ:ti'fiʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 人造的,虚伪的,武断的

联想记忆
frightened ['fraitnd]

想一想再看

adj. 受惊的,受恐吓的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。