A number of times, I've found myself in a sticky jam.
有很多次我都被困于绝境
You can just feel your mind racing,and loads of mad ideas come into it.
但那时你能感觉到大脑在飞快地运转 不一会一大堆疯狂的主意就冒了出来
And eventually, one of them, you think,"Hang on --"with a little bit of a tweak, some of the lone last line could work.
最后你想到的主意 等一下 "在拧一下就行了"总有一个是有用的
Okay, look.That's gonna be the actual climbing nut itself.
好了 看 这个临时应急的攀岩螺母就做好了
And all of that should take my weight.
应该能承受住我的体重
Bit of a precarious position, this one trying to get this nut into this crack.
这么爬下去可不行 太危险了 我要把螺母塞进这条裂缝
Yeah, that's relatively solid.
行 还算牢固
And then all I got to do is thread the rope through this,
现在我要做的就是把绳子从这穿过去
climb down on the rope,and retrieve it.
然后顺着它爬下去 然后再把绳子收回来
Let's get the rucksack.Okay, thread that through.
拿好背包 好了 把绳子穿过去
What at first seems like an easy scramble down
起初看起来很轻松的攀岩
could quickly turn into something much bigger and much more dangerous.
在转瞬之间就变得困难重重也更加危险
You always need a way back up.
你一定要给自己留好退路
Otherwise, you get rimrocked -- trapped with no way up or down
不然你就会身陷悬崖 进也不是 退也不是
and you're literally stuck between a rock and a hard place.
只能卡在这里 难以自救
All right, try and get this back.
好了 把绳子收起来
Ugh. Oh, man Alive.Get this stowed,and get moving again.
天呐 活过来了 把绳子装好 继续前进
Down the shaft of doom.Look at that.Okay.
终于绝处逢生了 你看 好了
This is gonna be just heaven.
这里简直就像天堂一样美好
I'm gonna work my way along the river.
我要沿着这条河继续前进
You may not know it,but you're almost certainly being monitored.
你可能还没注意到 但你此时已经处于监控之下了
You have to hope that you trigger the system,
你只能寄希望于自己触发了监控系统
the border patrol come to investigate.
这样巡逻队才会来找你
That's the sound of a sheriff's patrol car,which means my way out of here.
这是巡逻车的声音 我得救了
This desert has sucked me in,chewed me up,and spat me out,
我深陷这片沙漠之中 体验了它最冷酷无情的一面 所幸最后逃出生天
and if I've learned one thing, it's this-- don't mess with Texas.
如果说我学到了什么 那就是 千万别惹德克萨斯