The kids' behaviour today has hit Miss Yang hard.
孩子们的举动重重地打击了杨老师
We cannot afford to fail.
我们不能接受失败
This does mean a lot.
这一切的意义重大
And I am standing here, representing Chinese way of teaching.
我站在这里,代表着中式教育
I've got to deliver.
我必须要传递理念
I've got to present the Chinese teaching the best I can.
我必须用最好的面目来展现出中式教育
My dad always told me when he was still very healthy...
我爸爸还很健在的时候总是跟我说
He said to me, what I have left to my three daughters are knowledge, qualifications, good ability to survive in a tough society.
他对我说,他能留给三个女儿的,是知识,品德,在一个恶劣的社会环境下良好的生存能力
And I cannot forget that.
我不能忘记他说的
I can never forget about that.
我永远都不能忘记
I want to pass this to my students...
我想给学生传递这些理念
Because I think my dad is the best teacher in my life.
因为我觉得我爸爸是我人生中最好的老师
And I want to teach my students what I have been taught.
而我想教给学生们我所学到的
It's over halfway through the four week experiment and tonight is parents' evening.
四周的实验已经过了两周,而今晚是家长会
Ladies and gentlemen, can we mop a little bit?
女士们先生们,能不能稍微拖下地
We only have ten minutes. Please be quick.
我们只有十分钟了,请快一些
With the Chinese school facing failure, this could be the last chance to turn things around.
在中式学校正面临失败的时候,家长会也许能改变事态
The hope is that the parents can make their kids behave.
理想情况是家长们能让他们的孩子端正行为
Parents in Britain, they maybe not as determined as the Chinese in getting their kids to do very well at school.
英国家长,他们可能并没有像中国家长一样强烈地希望自己的孩子能学得很好
But they may cooperate with us.
但他们也许会与我们合作
In a typical Chinese parents' evening, the parents sit in rows and the teachers address them from the front of the class.
在一场普遍的中式家长会中,家长们坐在一起,老师在课堂前作说明
Their speeches could be their only hope of saving their school.
他们的演讲也许是拯救中式学校的唯一希望