At the heart of Chinese culture, and Chinese academic success, is one thing...conformity.
中国文化及其学术成就最核心的部分就是一件事,服从
Please be quick!
快一点
The work of a Chinese school is to mould children into model citizens.
中式学校的工作就是把孩子们塑造成模范公民
Flag raisers!
升旗手
Chinese education is about next generation of Chinese citizens.
中式教育是为了培养中国的下一代
Next generation of Chinese leaders.
中国的下一代领导人
And every single child has that... desire to do well, to serve their country.
每一个孩子都渴望自己能做好,去服务自己的国家
At the weekly flag-raising ceremony,
在每周的升旗仪式上
Chinese children are expected to make motivational speeches and it's no different here.
中国学生都会做动员演讲,这里也不例外
Quiet! Hello.
安静!大家好
As you're aware, there are tests coming up later this week.
大家都知道,这周后几天就要考试了
You've got two options for them.
对此你们有两个选择
Option one is you don't revise, and option two is you revise.
选择一,你们不复习;选择二,你们复习
If you pick option one, then you are lazy.
如果你选择前者,那就说明你很懒
You can't be bothered to revise.
你甚至懒得花力气复习
If you are really stuck, then ask a teacher for help.
如果你被难住了,可以向老师寻求帮助
But if you are stuck and you do not ask a teacher for help,
但是如果你被难住了却不去问老师
and you fail the exam, it is your own fault, not the teacher's, yours.
因此而没通过考试,这就是你自己的错,不是老师的错,是你自己的
So, what are you going to do?
那么,你们会怎么选呢
Revise and succeed, or don't revise and be lazy and FAIL the exam?
复习,通过考试;还是不复习,做个懒鬼,然后考试不及格
Thank you.
谢谢
It's not only in the rituals of flag raising and morning exercise
不仅仅只是在升旗仪式和晨练的时候
where the collective spirit is encouraged.
才会培养他们的集体意识
Chinese schools reinforce social cohesion and conformity with classes in social education.
中式学校通过社会教育课来加强社会凝聚力与集体意识的培养