In the Chinese school, even the more fun parts of the curriculum seem to have nationalist undertones.
在中式学校,即使是课程里很有趣的部分,似乎也有潜在的民族主义色彩
OK, everybody, can you please all sit down, please?
好了,请大家全都坐下,好吗
In Chinese martial arts, this fan is used as weapon.
在中国武术里,扇子是用作武器的
When you open it, you open it sharp.
当你打开它的时候,要十分迅速
I bring fan dance to the students, because number one, fan dance is very Chinese.
我把扇舞教给学生们,首先是因为,扇舞很有中国特色
And also it's a form of martial arts.
同时它也是武术的一种形式
This story is about the Chinese military soldiers,
这个故事讲的是中国的官兵
fully prepared to defend their country from foreign intruders.
做好充分准备去保卫国家,抵御外敌
So, when you perform, you have that strength, you have that beats, OK.
所以表演的时候,要有那种力度,有那种节奏,明白吗
Right, position one. Position one.
好了,第一个姿势,第一个姿势
Everyone, now all standing still. Two foot...two feet, this way.
大家现在都站直了,双脚,像这样
Now stop playing with the fan.
先别玩扇子了
Stand, I'm looking at your feet, how you stand on your feet.
站好,我看看你们的脚,看你们怎么站的
When you dance, you want the biggest volume.
当你跳舞时,最大限度地张开
The volume, you want biggest, so you can stretch your body.
最大限度的张开,这样就能把身体伸展开
Two, three, four.
二,三,四
It doesn't open! It doesn't open that way.
打不开,没有像那样打开
Chinese school is going to bring the Chinese culture, Chinese value, Chinese history.
中式学校将给学生带去中式文化,中式价值观和中国的历史
And that should be demonstrated in every single lesson, every minute, everything you do.
而这需要展现在每一堂课,每一分钟,你所做的每一件事里
You're ready to defend your country from foreign intruders.
你们已经准备好去保卫国家,抵御外敌
You're ready to fight.
你们准备好去战斗了
I love fan dancing.
我喜欢扇舞
A fan and dancing is the best combination ever, cos you get to waft a fan and dance.
扇子和舞蹈是最棒的组合,因为你既能挥舞扇子又能跳舞
It's also quite entertaining to watch the boys,
而且看那些男生跳也挺搞笑的
because some of them don't really have coordination.
因为他们中有些人四肢很不协调
OK? Like that. Oh, that's graceful. Very good!
懂了吗,像这样。动作很优雅,太棒了