手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 勃朗特一家的故事(第3级) > 正文

勃朗特一家的故事 第28期:亚瑟·尼可斯(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

I did not say anything.

我什么也没说。
Her hand was on the table and I put my hand on it gently.
她的手正放在桌上,我轻轻地把手放到她的手上。
It was wonderful news.
这真是个好消息。
I remembered when my own wife,Maria,had told me this,
我记得妻子玛丽亚也曾告诉我这样的好消息,
and how this house had been full of the laughter of little voices,and the noise of running feet.
当时房子里是如何地充满了那些稚嫩的欢笑和欢快跑动的脚步声。
Charlotte and I sat like that for a long time, remembering.
夏洛蒂和我就那么坐了好久,回忆着这一切。
It did not happen.
可事情并未发生。
At Christmas she fell ill, and in the New Year she was worse.
圣诞节时她病了,到了元旦她病得更重了。
She felt sick all the time because of the baby, and she ate nothing.
由于胎儿的缘故,她一直在生病,什么也吃不下。
She lay in bed all day,hot and coughing.
她整天躺在床上,发着烧而且咳嗽。
Arthur Nicholls cared for her wonderfully--I think he often stayed awake all night.
亚瑟·尼可斯很细心地照顾她--我想他经常整宿地不睡,
But it did not help.
但这也无济于事。
On 31st March 1855 the last of my six children died.
1855年3月31日,我6个孩子中的最后一个死了。
It was early in the morning.
那是个清晨,
Arthur Nicholls was sitting by her bed,and I was standing by the door.
亚瑟·尼可斯坐在她的床边,我站在门旁。
She was asleep with her hand in his.
她握着他的手睡着了。
Her face was very thin and pale.
她的脸是那么消瘦、苍白。
She opened her eyes and saw him.
她睁开眼睛看着他,
Then she coughed,and I saw fear in her face.
然后又是一阵咳嗽,在她脸上我看到了恐惧的神色。
'Oh God,'she whispered.
"噢,上帝,"她叹息道,
I am not going to die, am I ?
我不会死的,是吗?
Please don't take me away from Arthur now-we have been so happy.
"请别现在就把我从亚瑟身边带走--我们是多么幸福啊!"
Those were the last words she ever said.
那是她最后的话。
A little while later,I walked slowly out of the house.
过了一小会儿,我慢慢地走出了屋子。
As I went into the graveyard,the church bell began to ring.
当我走向墓地时,教堂的钟敲响了,
It was ringing to tell Haworth and all the world that Charlotte Bronte was dead.
那是在告诉霍沃斯和全世界,夏洛蒂·勃朗特去世了。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。