Oh, you've brought the cavalry in!
你搬来了救兵
Yes. Now... This is my daughter Kate and she's....creaming the sugar and the butter, aren't you, Kate?
是的 她是我女儿凯特 她正在搅拌糖和黄油
And is that the start of the buttermilk pie?
这是乳酪馅饼一开始的做法吧
So many pies start in the same way, don't they? Yes, the start of the buttermilk pie.
这是乳酪馅饼一开始的做法 许多派开头做法都一样 对吧
When you cream the butter together with the sugar, it reaches a point where it changes colour and that's when you know it's right. Exactly.
搅拌黄油和糖到一定成都后 颜色会发生变化对吧 这时候你就知道是时候了
So do you get great pleasure in handing down recipes to your daughter that your mum's passed onto you?
能够把食谱传给女儿 就像你妈妈做的那样 其中有快乐吗
The pleasure I think is knowing that there's going to be a continuation....of something that's been going on for 100... More than 100 years in this case.
快乐在于了解自己的食谱能够持续100年甚至更多
Once the sugar and butter have been creamed... Julia asked us to gradually add five beaten eggs.
当糖和黄油搅拌好后 茱莉亚让我们逐渐的加入五个打好的鸡蛋
Just beat it.
使劲打
At this point we put in two tablespoons of flour.
这时加入两汤匙的面粉
Right. Add a little pinch of salt.
加入一小撮盐
And, a teaspoon of the vanilla extract.
一茶匙香草精
OK. Now, we pour the buttermilk in.
现在倒入乳酪
Now buttermilk is a by-product of making butter.
乳酪是制造黄油时的副产品
It's the bit that's left when you take the solid lumpy buttery bits out of the milk.
是牛奶凝结成块状时留下的少量部分
You can see it's kind of separated.
你能看见成分分开了
I thought it'd split, I thought it was me.
我还以为我犯错了
No. No. It gives it a really grainy texture.
不 这样有颗粒口感
And then you just add a little bit of zest.
然后加入一点调味料
There we go. And literally just a teaspoon.
一汤匙即可
OK. And now we just pour it in.
现在倒进去
Kate. Can you tilt the back of that for me?
凯特能帮我扶一下吗
OK,and you can see how it's separated.
你可以看到材料如何分离的
Mother and daughter in perfect harmony. We're a good team.
母女完美和谐 我们是一个团队
It's not a bowl you'd want to lick out, though, is it really?
你肯定不想舔这样的碗底 是吧
Right. Let's get it in.
好了 放进去
200 for ten minutes and, then down to 180 for 40.
200度10分钟 然后180度40分钟
Right. Oh, it's quite a long bake.
耗时真长