So about 6.30, got a phone call from Mr Zou saying you'd disappeared.
大概六点半的时候,我接到了邹老师的电话,他说你没去上课
It just wasn't your normal behaviour or attitude to school to ever disappear off.
这不像是你平时的表现啊,居然逃课
You've never left a lesson, have you?
你从来没有逃过课的,对吧
And Mr Zou said that you have a lot to contribute to the class
邹老师还说你在课堂表现挺不错
and that you're very quick to learn.
你学得很快
It's just sort of about helping you see that there's more to today than just the next five minutes.
我们只是想让你知道,你要为将来做打算,而不只是得过且过
Can we put that away, please? Thank you.
能先把手机放一边吗?谢谢
He's got a few days yet to pick up his socks,
他还有几天时间可以补上落下的课程
so there's always hope that he'll improve.
但愿他能有所进步
Is this you writing all this?
这些都是你写的吗,
Yeah. That's really good.
是啊,很棒啊
And all that. You wrote all this? Yeah.
还有那些。都是你写的吗?没错
And this is Mandarin, yeah?
这是普通话,对吧
All right, this is a three.
你看,这是中文的三
I'll never have, like, three lessons in a row when I've been good.
我从来没有连着三堂课都能做到集中精神听讲
It's always been one little thing.
这个小毛病一直存在
Or it's been a big thing, like it has been this time.
但有时候也会很严重,就像这次
Seeing Mr Zou annoyed made me feel a bit upset and unfair.
看到邹老师生气让我觉得有点难过,有点不公平
Not like - oh, what he's doing is unfair, but what I'm doing is unfair.
并不是说他做的事情不公平,而是我这么做对他来说不公平
You are very smart, do you know that?
你非常聪明,你知道吗
Me? Yeah, of course! You are smart.
我吗?当然啊,你很聪明
You have to learn. Be smarter.
但你要学习,才能更聪明
We do NOT ignore any student. And we hope we can help them in some way.
我们绝不忽视任何一个学生,也希望自己能够帮助他们改进
You never know what you will do in the future.
你不知道你以后会做什么
You might feel regret. "I should have learned hard."
你也许会后悔 "我当年要是好好学习了该多好啊"
Yeah. OK? So.
是啊。对吧,所以
Are you willing to change? Yeah.
你愿意改变吗?愿意
Just be more focused.
集中精神听课
I'll try my best.
我会尽最大努力
Try your best.
加油
When someone tells me that I've got potential,
当有人对我说我有潜力
there is that bit inside that says, "OK, yeah, I can do this."
我心里就会想 "我能做到的,没问题"
And if it's a teacher saying that, then it must be true.
如果是老师对我这么说,那一定是真的
It means...it just means that I can do it.
我一定能做到
So I just might as well do it.
那我就好好表现吧