Contenders. Are you ready?
选手们准备好了吗
Three two one, go!
三二一 开始
The art of peeling potatoes is to take as little skin off as possible.
切土豆的艺术在于削掉的皮越少越好
Which is always a struggle with a straightforward knife.
笔直的刀总是不好削皮
But it's not just the knife that's struggling today.
但今天不只是小刀不好削皮
What do you mean, it's not working,your machine's broken? Ah, Mrs!
啥意思 你的机器坏了吗
Clearly, the rotato is designed to work with smaller potatoes.
很显然转动式削皮器是为了小土豆设计的
And it's not the only one that's having difficulty.
这还不是唯一一个遇到问题的
Hey, it only goes one way, this!
这个只能往一个方向削
Did you find it? Yes!
你削好了吗
One up for the Australian peeler!
澳洲式削好了一个
We've got a winner. Hey! Oh!
赢家诞生了
So, in our not so scientific test, the simple peeler designs have triumphed over the hi-tech alternatives, and the Dalton Classic has come out on top.
在这个没有科学依据的比赛中 简易削皮器赢过了高科技 道尔顿经典成为了第一
Back in Gerard's Little Top,the recipe swap board is filling up.As is his belly
在杰拉德的帐篷里 食谱交换板已经贴满了 他的肚子也填满了
It's a hard job,but someone has to do it.
这份工作不轻松 但总得有人做
Vicky!I saw this come in earlier today and I thought,I would like to eat a piece of that.
维基 今天早上我看见这个 我想着我要吃一块
Tell us about this delicious-looking plait.
跟我们讲解一下这个美味的辫子蛋糕
Well, I've adapted it from a recipe from this Good Housekeeping book.
这份食谱来自《美好家务》
I like apple pie, but I find that pastry's too fatty for me now.
我喜欢苹果派 但是我发现饼皮太油腻了
And this uses only two ounces of fat to four ounces of flour.
这道点心只在四盎司面粉里用了两盎司茶油
And I really want to taste this. Of course. Thank you.
我想尝尝看 当然 谢谢
Tell us then, Mark, was this something that your mum made?
马克 告诉我们关于你妈妈做的这道点心
Rag puddings were actually commonplace, because a lot of people in Lancashire back in the 60's didn't even have a cooker.
破布补丁过去很流行 兰开夏的有些人在60年代都没有炊具
So it was..The only way of cooking was actually on the, on the actual fire.
所以烹饪的方法就是直接在火上煮
And was it a Sunday lunch thing that would be left whilst you went to church?
周日上教堂时留下这道点心吗
Well, you'd just throw it all together, throw it in the pot.
将所有食材丢进锅里
On the fire and then you'd leave it for a...you know, about four hours.
留在火上煮个四小时
It may look odd to us now, but rag pudding, basically a boiled roulade of minced meat and pastry, is a real classic part of Lancashire cuisine.
现在看起来很奇怪 但破布布丁实际上是水煮碎肉和酥皮点心 是兰开夏郡的经典美食
Traditionally wrapped in scraps of cloth... Or as they're called up there, rags...That were easily available from the region's cotton mills.
传统上 人们用破布或碎布包裹 在当地纺织厂很容易得到
It's great.I'm going...It's so good.I have to say, being a boiled pudding, it's pale and we're used to dark, browned, crisp. But this is fantastic.
我要吃了 真美味 我不得不说 这种浅颜色的很棒 我们都习惯了深色的脆皮布丁 这个点心真的很棒