Sensing weakness Rockefeller devises a daring scheme.
觉察到对手的软弱 洛克菲勒想出了一个大胆的计划
He's going to build a steel plant.
他要建立一个钢铁厂
One to rival anything Andrew Carnegie has ever built.
一个可以和安德鲁·卡内基的相抗衡的工厂
But Carnegie knows he can't let that happen.
但卡内基知道他不能让这种情况发生
Carnegie is determined that nobody is going to take his place.
卡内基下决心不能让人抢了他的位置
He's going to build new plants, he's going to destroy-- if Rockefeller goes into steel he'll destroy him.
他会建立新工厂 如果洛克菲勒胆敢进入钢铁业的话 他要干掉他
Carnegie calls a meeting.
卡内基召集会议
Hoping to intimidate Rockefeller into staying out of the steel business.
希望吓退洛克菲勒 让他断了进入钢铁业的心思
But Rockefeller didn't become the richest man in American history by cowering in fear.
但洛克菲勒之所以成为美国历史上的首富 靠的不是胆小怕事
Mr. Rockefeller.
洛克菲勒先生
Mr. Carnegie.
卡内基先生
You don't want to negotiate with me.
你就别跟我谈判了
I am a great negotiator.
我非常擅长这个
I know I intimidate people.
我知道别人怕我
I understand that.
这点我理解
I get it, and I understand why, and I don't want to intimidate anybody, unless they try to hurt me.
我知道为什么 我也不想让别人怕我 除非别人试图伤害我
Then I hurt them back.
那样的话我就会伤害他