Eight days after the shooting, William McKinley succumbs to his injuries becoming the third American President to be killed in office.
遭受枪击的八天后 威廉·麦金莱没挺过去 成为第三位在职被杀的美国总统
For America's most powerful men, it's the worst case scenario.
这对美国最有权势的那些人是最坏的情况
An assassin's bullet has robbed them of their president, a man they spent millions to get elected and with his death their worst enemy comes to power.
刺客的子弹夺去了他们的总统 他们花了数百万才让他当选 随着他的去世 他们最大的敌人跟着上了台
Teddy Roosevelt is about to become the leader of the free world.
特迪·罗斯福即将成为自由世界的领袖
Mr. Roosevelt. Very good to meet you, Sir.
罗斯福先生 很高兴见到你 先生
The plan of having Roosevelt buried, in effect, in the vice presidency completely backfired because who could've predicted what would happen And what would happen so quickly after the election of the ninety hundred.
让罗斯福当上副总统好埋没他的计划 结果却事与愿违 谁能预料到未来会发生什么呢 而且是在一九零零年选举后这么快就发生了
Theodore Roosevelt, raise your right hand.
西奥多·罗斯福 举起你的右手
Do you, Theodore Roosevelt solemnly swear that you will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States.
你 西奥多·罗斯福是否会郑重发誓 你将忠诚地执行合众国总统的职务
And to the best of your ability, preserve, protect and defend the constitution of the United States.
并尽你最大的能力保存 保护和捍卫合众国的宪法
And thus, I swear!
是的 我发誓!
Now. Let's get started.
现在我们开始吧