"He was good as dead," Bronn said, "and his moaning was bringing them down on us.
“反正他也活不成,”波隆道,“更何况他大呼小叫个不停,把敌人都引来了。
Chiggen would have done the same for me...
那天受伤的换做我,契根也会同样行为……
and he was no friend, only a man I rode with. Make no mistake, dwarf.
何况他算不上朋友,只是同行的伙伴。侏儒,你给我搞清楚,
I fought for you, but I do not love you."
我帮你杀人,但那不代表我喜欢你。”
"It was your blade I needed," Tyrion said, "not your love."
“我也只需要你帮我杀人,”提利昂说,“用不着你喜欢我。”
He dumped his armful of wood on the ground.
他把怀中的木材扔到地上。
Bronn grinned. "You’re bold as any sellsword, I’ll give you that.
波隆嘿嘿一笑。“我得承认,你胆子够大,不输咱们佣兵。
How did you know I'd take your part?"
你怎么知道我会替你出场?”
"Know?" Tyrion squatted awkwardly on his stunted legs to build the fire.
“我哪儿知道?”提利昂瘸着腿试图生火。
"I tossed the dice.
“我是孤注一掷。
Back at the inn, you and Chiggen helped take me captive. Why?
之前在旅店里,你和契根跟他们一道把我抓住,图什么?
The others saw it as their duty, for the honor of the lords they served, but not you two.
其他人要么是因为职责所在,要么是为了主子的名誉,但你俩不是。
You had no lord, no duty, and precious little honor, so why trouble to involve yourselves?"
你既没有主子,也没有义务,更没有什么宝贝荣誉,何苦没事找事?
He took out his knife and whittled some thin strips of bark off one of the sticks he’d gathered, to serve as kindling.
”他取出刀子,削掉一根木棍的树皮,用来当引信。
"Well, why do sellswords do anything? For gold.
“喏,佣兵是为什么做事啊?还不是为了钱。
You were thinking Lady Catelyn would reward you for your help, perhaps even take you into her service.
你们以为凯特琳夫人会奖赏你们的协助,甚至给你们谋个差事。
Here, that should do, I hope. Do you have a flint?"
好了,我想这样应该就行了。你有没有打火石?”
Bronn slid two fingers into the pouch at his belt and tossed down a flint.
波隆伸出两根手指滑进腰间的小袋,丢出一块打火石。
Tyrion caught it in the air. "My thanks," he said.
提利昂在半空中接住。“谢啦。”他说,
"The thing is, you did not know the Starks.
“问题在于你不了解史塔克家的人。
Lord Eddard is a proud, honorable, and honest man, and his lady wife is worse.
艾德大人既骄傲,又正直,凡事讲求荣誉,而他夫人嘛就更别提了。
Oh, no doubt she would have found a coin or two for you when this was all over, and pressed it in your hand with a polite word and a look of distaste,
喏,等事情结束后她当然会赏你两个小钱,带着嫌恶的眼神,一边把钱塞到你手里,一边说几句礼貌的话,
but that’s the most you could have hoped for.
但别指望她会给更多啦。
The Starks look for courage and loyalty and honor in the men they choose to serve them,
史塔克家要的是有忠诚有勇气,还得讲究荣誉的人,
and if truth be told, you and Chiggen were lowborn scum."
而你和契根嘛,老实说,不过是出身低贱的人渣。
Tyrion struck the flint against his dagger, trying for a spark. Nothing.
”提利昂拿燧石敲击匕首想生火,却什么也没弄出来。