Bronn snorted. "You have a bold tongue, little man.
波隆哼了一声。“小家伙,我看你这舌头挺毒的,
One day someone is like to cut it out and make you eat it."
小心哪天给人割了叫你吞下肚去。”
"Everyone tells me that."
“别人都这么说。”
Tyrion glanced up at the sellsword. "Did I offend you?
提利昂瞄瞄佣兵。“我冒犯到你了吗?
Oh, my pardons...but you are scum, Bronn, make no mistake.
那还真对不住……不过哩,波隆,你也搞清楚,你的的确确是个人渣。
Duty, honor, friendship, what's that to you?
责任感、荣誉心、友谊,哪一样是你有的?
No, don’t trouble yourself, we both know the answer. Still, you're not stupid.
哼,不用费工夫想了,答案咱俩都知道。可你不蠢,
Once we reached the Vale, Lady Stark had no more need of you...
我们抵达峡谷之后,史塔克夫人就用不着你了……
but I did, and the one thing the Lannisters have never lacked for is gold.
但我用得着,何况兰尼斯特家的人从不吝惜金子。
When the moment came to toss the dice,
所以,当我需要孤注一掷时,
I was counting on your being smart enough to know where your best interest lay.
我就是猜你够机灵,知道怎么做对你最有利。
Happily for me, you did."
让我很高兴的是,你的确够机灵。”
He slammed stone and steel together again, fruitlessly.
他将打火石和刀刃再度撞击,却依旧徒劳无功。
"Here," said Bronn, squatting, "I’ll do it."
“拿来,”波隆蹲下身,“让我来。”
He took the knife and flint from Tyrion’s hands and struck sparks on his first try.
他从提利昂手里接过短刀和燧石,一打便擦出火花。
A curl of bark began to smolder.
一块卷起的树皮开始冒烟。
"Well done," Tyrion said.
“干得好。”提利昂道,
"Scum you may be, but you're undeniably useful,
“你虽然是个人渣,但不可否认你很有用。
and with a sword in your hand you’re almost as good as my brother Jaime.
手里再拿把剑,你就跟我老哥詹姆差不多厉害。
What do you want, Bronn?
波隆,你想要什么?
Gold? Land? Women? Keep me alive, and you'll have it."
金子?土地?还是女人?只要想办法保全我性命,你要什么有什么。”
Bronn blew gently on the fire, and the flames leapt up higher.
波隆朝火堆轻轻吹气,火焰顿时跃得老高。
"And if you die?"
“万一你死了怎么办?”
"Why then, I’ll have one mourner whose grief is sincere,"
“那样嘛,起码有了个真心诚意为我哀悼的人。”
Tyrion said, grinning. "The gold ends when I do."
提利昂嘻嘻笑道,“我挂了,金子也就没啰。”
The fire was blazing up nicely.
这时火已经烧得很旺。
Bronn stood, tucked the flint back into his pouch, and tossed Tyrion his dagger.
波隆起身,把燧石塞进口袋,然后将匕首抛回给提利昂。
"Fair enough," he said. "My sword's yours, then...
“算你公道,”他说,“我的剑是你的了……
but don’t go looking for me to bend the knee and m'lord you every time you take a shit.
但别叫我来卑躬屈膝、满口老爷大人那套,
I'm no man’s toady."
我不当别人的仆从。”