"What do you want?" asked the Marionette.
“你找我干嘛?”木偶问。
"I want to give you a few words of good advice.
“我想给你一个忠告,
Return home and give the four gold pieces you have left to your poor old father
你往回走吧,把剩下的四个金币带回去给你可怜的爸爸,
who is weeping because he has not seen you for many a day."
他正在哭呢,因为很久都没有再见你了。”
"Tomorrow my father will be a rich man, for these four gold pieces will become two thousand."
“明天我爸爸就能变成一位富翁,因为这四个金币会变成两千个。”
"Don't listen to those who promise you wealth overnight, my boy.
“别相信那些许诺你一夜暴富的人,我的孩子。
As a rule they are either fools or swindlers! Listen to me and go home."
那种人通常不是傻子就是骗子!听我的话回家吧。”
"But I want to go on!"
“可我偏要向前走。”
"The hour is late!" -"I want to go on."
“时间很晚了!”-“我偏要向前走。”
"The night is very dark." -"I want to go on."
“夜色那么黑。”-“我偏要向前走。”
"The road is dangerous." -"I want to go on."
“路上有危险。”-“我偏要向前走。”
"Remember that boys who insist on having their own way, sooner or later come to grief."
“你要记住,任性的孩子早晚是要后悔的。”
"The same nonsense. Good-by, Cricket."
“又是老一套。再见,蟋蟀。”
"Good night, Pinocchio, and may Heaven preserve you from the Assassins."
“晚安,皮诺乔,愿上帝保佑你无灾无难。”
There was silence for a minute and the light of the Talking Cricket disappeared suddenly,
一分钟的沉默过后,会说话的蟋蟀的光忽然熄灭了,
just as if someone had snuffed it out.
就像是有人把灯芯给掐灭了。
Once again the road was plunged in darkness.
道路又重归于黑暗。