Day 9
第9天
The Lost Mistress
失去的恋人
Robert Browning
罗伯特·勃朗宁
All's over, then: does truth sound bitter
那么,一切都过去了。
As one at first believes?
难道实情的滋味
Hark, 'tis the sparrows' good-night twitter
真有预想的那么难咽?
About your cottage eaves!
听,麻雀在你家村居的屋檐周围
And the leaf-buds on the vine are woolly,
唧唧喳喳地道着晚安。
I have noticed that, today;
今天我发现葡萄藤上的芽苞
One day more bursts them open fully
毛茸茸地,鼓了起来;再一天时光就会把嫩叶催开,
You know the red turns grey.
瞧; 暗红正浙渐转为灰白。
Tomorrow we meet the same then, dearest?
最亲爱的。明天我们能否照样相遇?
May I take your hand in mine?
我能否仍旧握住你的手?
Mere friends are we, well, friends the merest
"仅仅是朋友,"好吧,我失去的许多东西,
Keep much that I resign:
最一般的朋友倒还能保留:
For each glance of the eye so bright and black,
你乌黑澄澈的眼睛每一次闪烁
Though I keep with heart's endeavor,
我都永远铭刻在心;
Your voice, when you wish the snowdrops back, Though it stay in my soul for ever!
我心底也永远保留着你说 "愿白雪花回来"的声音!
Yet I will but say what mere friends say,
但是,我将只说一般朋友的语言,
Or only a thought stronger;
或许再稍微强烈一丝;
I will hold your hand but as long as all may,
我握你的手,将只握礼节允许的时间
Or so very little longer!
或许再稍微长一霎时!