Just horrible.Got to look out an ankle-breaker this terrain is.
这地方真糟糕 鬼地形是个脚踝杀手
Also when you do fall,these rocks are rather sharp, like glass.
若不幸摔倒 便很容易被岩石划伤
I'm trying to keep a good low centre of gravity.Use your hands.
我试着放低重心 用手平衡
I'm like an animal giving it a four wheel drive.
像动物一样手脚并用
The hot cinders are giving way to volcanic ash and pumice.
滚热的煤渣渐渐被火山灰和浮岩所替代
I can move quicker here,digging my heels into the slope for extra grip,
这里我可以走快点 脚跟埋进砂石可以提供更多抓地力
leaning back in the heels puts less strain on your leg muscles and gives you a lower centre of gravity.
中心放在脚跟 减少腿部肌肉受力 同时也能降低重心
First sign of anything living.That's a good sign.
终于见到活物了 是个好兆头
Means I'm getting away from the danger zone.
意味着我已经离开了危险地带
And this must be old lava,but vegetation is growing in it.
这些可能是以前的岩浆 但是已经有植物生长于此
I'm heading for the tree line,making for the jungle below the volcano.
我要找到林木线 前往位于火山脚下的丛林
Even though it's only a few miles from the equator,
即使赤道近在咫尺
at this altitude,it's mainly pine trees that grow on the fertile volcanic soil,
在这个海拔 火山沃土上的主要植被是松树
and if there are trees, then there'll be grubs and bugs.
而如果有植物 就一定有幼虫和甲虫
Buried in all this dead wood,the rhino beetle.
这些枯木中 藏了很多犀甲虫