I'm in Guatemala,a country ravaged by natural disasters.I've just reached that ledge under me.
我在危地马拉 一个被自然灾害严重损害的国家 我刚好抵达我脚下的壁沿
I'm stuck 30 foot from the bottom of a waterfall.I need to find another way down.
我被困在离瀑布水面30英尺的地方 我得另觅方法 爬下这个壁沿
That was definitely quite hairy down there.We're still probably about 30 foot up, though.
下面的境况很惊险 我们离地面还有30英尺的距离
Hang on. I know what we'll do.I'm gonna jump.
坚持住 我知道我们该怎么做了 我要跳下去
But before I do, I want to check the water's deep enough.
但在跳之前 我想先测一下水是否够深
I'm gonna make a depth gauge out of a rock and some thin vine.
我要用石头和细藤 做一个测深仪
The rock will make it sink.If the vine disappears completely,then I know it's safe.
石头会让它沉底 如果细藤完全浸没 我就知道那是安全的
Ten to fifteen foot is enough for a thirty-foot jump.Come on!
10到15英尺的深度 就够缓冲30英尺的冲击了 来吧
Fiddly hands.More so when you're nervous.Okay.Here we go.
手太笨 当你紧张的时候就更笨了 好了 我们上
You see that?Saw it go out, right?And saw it then just disappear.
看见了吗 看见它被扔出去了吧 看见它被立刻淹没了吧
Okay, that's more than ten foot. Enough to jump.
超过10英尺深 可以跳
You'll need to follow me down, okay?No hesitation. We just go for it.
你得紧跟我下去 好吗 不要犹豫 勇往直前
On a big jump like this,keep your feet together and your legs straight to avoid injury.
像这样从高出跳落 要保持双脚并拢 双膝打直 避免受伤