Unfortunately, 90 percent of the Western world subscribes to the above dogma, simply because it's easier to find a job and work for money.
不幸的是,90%的西方人认同这个信条,这是因为他们相信通过找工作来挣钱要更容易一些。
If you are not one of the masses, I offer you the following 10 steps to awaken your financial genius.
如果你不属于那90%,我向你建议采取10个步骤来唤醒你的理财天赋。
I simply offer you the steps I have personally followed. If you want to follow some of them, great.
我就是一直按这些步骤做的。如果你想遵循这些步骤,那好极了。
If you don't, make up your own. Your financial genius is smart enough to develop its own list.
如果你不想遵循,那就按你自己的方式来做,你的理财天赋足以让你无师自通。
Step 1. I need a reason greater than reality.
1.我需要一个超现实的理由——精神的力量。
If you ask most people if they would like to be rich or financially free, they would say yes.
如果你问别人是否愿意致富或者获得财务自由,大部人都会说“愿意”。
But then reality sets in. The road seems too long with too many hills to climb.
可是一想到现实,致富之路似乎就变得崎岖而漫长了。
It's easier to just work for money and hand the excess over to your broker.
相比之下,为了钱工作并把剩余的钱托付给经纪人似乎更容易一些。
A reason or a purpose is a combination of "wants" and "don't wants."
这个原因或目标,是“想要”和“不想要”的结合体。
When people ask me what my reason for wanting to be rich is, it is a combination of deep emotional "wants" and "don't wants."
当人们问我为什么想致富时,我就说这是内心深处“想要”和“不想要”的结合体。
I will list a few: first, the "don't wants," for they create the "wants."
我可以首先举一些由“不想要”促成“想要”的例子。
I don't want to work all my life.
我不想将一生都耗在工作上;
I don't want what my parents aspired for, which was job security and a house in the suburbs.
我不想要父辈们渴望的那些东西,如稳定的工作和一套郊区的房子。
I don't like being an employee.
我不想做一个打工仔。
Now the "wants." I want to be free to travel the world and live in the lifestyle I love.
其次是“想要”。我想自由自在地周游世界,我想以自己喜欢的方式生活。
I want to be young when I do this. I want to simply be free.
我想在年轻的时候就能做到这些。我想要自由。
I want control over my time and my life. I want money to work for me.
我想自由支配自己的时间和生活,我想要金钱为我工作。
Those are my deep-seated emotional reasons.
这些就是我发自内心深处的精神动力。
What are yours?
你的动力是什么呢?