And it is true that President Davis escaped intact from Richmond?
戴维斯总统真的安全逃离了里士满吗
Yes. Thank heaven,he is safely bound for Danville.
是的 谢天谢地 他很安全 正打算前往丹维尔
You seem troubled.Troubled? I?
你好像很烦恼 烦恼? 我?
For four years I have lived not daring to express my thoughts or sentiments, even in my own home.
四年来 我都不敢表达自己的想法 或者情感 即使是在自己家里
Constantly hearing every principle dear to my heart denounced as treasonable.
经常听到自己珍视的原则 被指为叛国
And I have cursed my willful idleness,begun to deem myself a coward and to despise my own existence.
我诅咒袖手旁观的自己 开始觉得自己是懦夫 鄙视自己的存在
Richmond has fallen in a war against the Constitution,against states' rights,against Southern rights and institutions.
里士满已在一场与宪法相悖的战争中沦陷 这场战争还侵犯了各州的权利 侵犯了南方的权利和习俗
And a malignant tyrant,a half-breed, low-mannered country buffoon is threatening to proclaim himself king!
一个暴君 一个不识大体的混血乡巴佬 居然想称帝
I should have killed him on Inauguration Day.
他的就职典礼那天我就该杀了他
I could have.I was that close.
我有这个机会 我当时近在咫尺
And now if the South is to be aided at all,it must be done quickly, and it may already be too late.Troubled, gentlemen.
如果现在向南方伸出援手 就要抓紧时间 现在也许已经太迟了 烦恼 先生们