But if you say it's an advertising market, you could say,
但如果谷歌把自己说成是广告公司
well, there's search advertising is 17 billion.
好吧,搜索广告的价值是170亿
And that's part of online advertising, which is much bigger.
搜索广告的上一级是线上广告,线上广告的价值就多多了
And then, all US advertising is bigger.
再向上一级,美国广告市场的价值更大
And then by the time you get to global advertising, that's close to 500 billion.
如果放眼于全球的广告市场,价值差不多有5000亿
And so you're talking about 3.5%. So a tiny part of this much larger market.
谷歌只占了3.5%。只是这个巨大的市场的很小一部分
Or if you don't want it to be an advertising company
或者谷歌不想把自己称为广告公司
you could always say that you're a technology company. And so sorry. Let me just see.
可以说自己是一家科技公司。抱歉,我想一想
And so the technology market is something like a $1 trillion market,
科技市场的价值差不多有1万亿
and the narrative that you tell is that
此时你可以说
Google in the technology market is well we're competing with all the car companies with our self-driving cars,
在科技市场中,谷歌与生产自动驾驶汽车的公司竞争
we're competing with Apple on TVs and iPhones. We're competing with Facebook.
与苹果在电视和手机领域竞争,和Facebook竞争
We're competing with Microsoft on office products,
与微软在办公软件上竞争
we're competing with Amazon on cloud services,
与亚马逊在云服务领域竞争
and so, we are in this giant technology market where there's competition in every direction you look.
我们处于一个巨大的市场,竞争到处都是
And no we're not the monopoly the government's looking for and we should not get regulated in any way whatsoever.
我们不是政府盯着的那种垄断企业,不管怎样,我们都不该被监管
And so I think one has to always be super aware that
因此,大家一定要注意
there are these very powerful incentives to distort the nature of these markets one way or the other.
公司通常都具有强烈的动机扭曲市场的本质,把自己公司的本质掩饰