The Vietnam War was raging and in the shadow of my convention, Robert Kennedy was assassinated.
越南战争还在肆虐 正值我毕业之时 罗伯特.肯尼迪遇刺身亡
Our political system was in chaos But as we strode across that stage to receive our diplomas.
我们的政治系统乱作一团 但我们跨越了获得学位时的这段时期
To a person we were absolutely confident that the naysayers were wrong and that there were significant possibilities available to us.
现在的我们完全有信心说 否定者们错了 我们其实是有大量机遇可以把握的
We ended the war in Vietnam, we ended the nuclear stalemate the United States secured civil rights.
我们结束了越南战争 我们结束了核对峙 美国确保了民权
Fundamentally altered women's rights for the better began an environmental movement that's far from finished.
根本上改善了女性权利 开始了一场至今仍在持续的环境运动
Ushered in an information age that shrunk the world beyond recognition and in the process .
开辟了信息时代 以前人无法想象的方式让世界越来越小
Lay the foundation for a period of technological innovation.
在这个过程中 我们为科技革新奠定了基础
That generated the world's strongest economy in the 70s, 80s and the 90s Today, you're all graduating into another world.
创建了70 80 90年代世界最强的经济体 今天你们毕业后 将踏入另一个世界
That has changed equally and profoundly Different dangers and different possibilities.
它的改变同样而深刻 具有不同危险 不同可能性
Climate change left unattended by people with whom I work and I marvel at whether they got an education.
气候变化 我认识的一些人甚至觉得没必要在意 我对此感到惊诧 他们就像没受过教育
I'm serious To deny climate change today.
我是认真的 在今天竟然还否认气候变化