1、get out
逃离;被迫离开
They probably wanted to get out of the country.
他们或许想逃离这个国家。
I told him to leave and get out.
我叫他滚开。
退出(组织);撤销(承诺)
I wanted to get out of the group, but they wouldn't let me.
我想退出这个团体,但是他们不同意。
Getting out of the contract would be no problem.
撤销这个合同不会有任何问题。
(消息、信息等)泄露,为人所知
If word got out now, a scandal could be disastrous.
如果消息现在传出去,可能会是灾难性的丑闻。
Once the news gets out that Armenia is in a very critical situation, I think the world will respond.
我认为亚美尼亚局势非常严峻的消息一旦披露,全世界都将作出反应。
2、realize
认识到;意识到;了解
As soon as we realised something was wrong, we moved the children away.
我们刚意识到有什么不对劲就把孩子转移了。
People don't realize how serious this recession has actually been.
人们没有意识到这次经济衰退事实上有多严重。
(希望、心愿或恐惧)实现,成为现实,发生
Straightaway our worst fears were realised.
我们最恐惧的事情一下发生了。
Those are our hopes; we are starting this clinical trial to investigate whether those hopes will be realised.
那些就是我们的希望;我们正在开展这些临床试验以调查那些希望是否可以实现。
发挥,实现(潜力)
The support systems to enable women to realize their potential at work are seriously inadequate.
使妇女在工作中发挥潜力的支持体系严重不足。
I think probably that the laser has not realised the potential that was expected of it in that domain.
我想可能激光在那个领域并没有充分发挥其潜力。