Faced with a patriarchal society, they have found that by helping each other out, all benefit.
面对这个父权社会,她们发现,藉由帮助彼此,所有人都能得到好处。
In my previous job, I was the most senior woman in the Middle East,
在我前一份工作中,我在中东是最资深的女性,
so one could think that investing in my network of female colleagues couldn't bring many benefits
所以能想到投资在我女性同事的人脉并不能带来很大的效益,
and that I should instead invest my time developing my relationships with male seniors and peers.
而我应该要把时间投资在发展我跟男性前辈与同侪的关系。
Yet two of my biggest breaks came through the support of other women.
尽管我最大的两个突破来自其他女人的帮助。
It was the head of marketing who initially suggested I be considered as a young global leader to the World Economic Forum.
那是来自于一位营销领导,她最初建议我成为一个世界经济论坛年轻的全球领导人。
She was familiar with my media engagements and my publications,
她很熟悉我的媒体参与和我发表的东西,
and when she was asked to voice her opinion, she highlighted my name.
而当她被要求表达意见时,她强调了我的名字。
It was a young consultant, a Saudi lady and friend,
这是一位年轻的顾问,一位沙乌地女士,是我的朋友,
who helped me sell my first project in Saudi Arabia,
她帮我在沙特阿拉伯卖出了我第一个项目,
a market I was finding hard to gain traction in as a woman.
作为一个女人,我发现很难在这市场得到吸引力。
She introduced me to a client, and that introduction led to the first of very many projects for me in Saudi.
她向我介绍一名客户,而这场介绍开始了我在沙乌地众多的项目的第一道曙光。
Today, I have two senior women on my team,
如今,在我的团队内有两个资深的女性,
and I see making them successful as key to my own success.
而我看见,让她们成功,就是开启我成功之路的钥匙。
Women continue to advance in the world, not fast enough, but we're moving.
女性持续在世界上进步,还不算快,但我们正在努力。
The Arab world, too, is making progress, despite many recent setbacks.
阿拉伯世界也是如此,正在有所进展,尽管现在有很多障碍。
Just this year, the UAE appointed five new female ministers to its cabinet, for a total of eight female ministers.
就在今年,阿拉伯联合酋长国指派五名新的女部长进入内阁,总计有8位女部长。
That's nearly 28 percent of the cabinet, and more than many developed countries can claim.
那相当于内阁人数的28%,可以说比许多已发达国家还多。
This is today my daughter Alia's favorite picture.
这是我女儿Alia现在最爱的图片。
This is the result, no doubt, of great leadership,
不用怀疑,这是在伟大的领导之下的结果。
but it is also the result of strong Arab women not giving up and continuously pushing the boundaries.
但这也是杰出的阿拉伯女性的成就, 不放弃并且不断的推动界线。
It is the result of Arab women deciding every day like me
这是阿拉伯女性每天像我一样生活的结果,
to convert shit into fuel, to work their life, to keep work out of their life, and to join forces and not compete.
我们把负面能量转换成动力,去安排他们的生活,在生活外保持发展,然后团结合作不对抗彼此。
As I look to the future, my hopes for my daughter when she stands on this stage some 20, 30 years from now
当我看向未来,我希望我的女儿从现在开始20、30年后,在那时,
are that she be as proud to call herself her mother's daughter as her father's daughter.
她能以自己是母亲的女儿为傲,就跟是她父亲的女儿一样骄傲。
My hopes for my son are that by then, the expression "her mother's son" or "mama's boy"
我希望我的儿子在那时也是一样,描述自己是“母亲的儿子”或是“妈妈的男孩”,
would have taken on a completely different meaning. Thank you.
将会带给我们完全不一样的意义。谢谢。