One thing to know about the Middle East
关于中东需要知道的一件事,
is that nearly every family has access to affordable domestic help.
就是几乎每个家庭都能找到可负担费用的家务代理。
The challenge therefore becomes how to recruit effectively.
难题因此变成如何有效地召募(家务代理人)。
Just like I would in my business life,
就如同在我的商业生活中,
I have based the selection of who would support me with my children while I'm at work on a strong referral.
我很大程度上根据谁能在我工作时够帮助我打理孩子来挑选。
Cristina had worked for four years with my sister
Cristina曾与我姐姐一同工作4年,
and the quality of her work was well-established.
而她工作的质量是受到公认的。
She is now an integral member of our family,
她现在是我们家庭中不可或缺的一员,
having been with us since Alia was six months old.
从Alia六个月大的时候就跟我们在一块了。
She makes sure that the house is running smoothly while I'm at work,
她确保当我在工作时我们家庭运作顺畅,
and I make sure to empower her in the most optimal conditions for her and my children,
而我保障她对她和我的孩子来说在最佳的状况下。
just like I would my best talent at work.
就像我用最好的天赋在工作一样
This lesson applies whatever your childcare situation,
这个经验很通用,无论你的小孩的照护状况事怎样的,
whether an au pair, nursery, part-time nanny that you share with someone else.
也不管是年轻女性的换工互惠生,托儿所,你与某些人共享的临时保母。
Choose very carefully, and empower.
请特别小心地选择,然后赋予他们自主权。
If you look at my calendar,
如果你检阅我的行事历,
you will see every working day one and a half hours from 7pm to 8:30pm UAE time blocked and called "family time."
你会看到每个工作日,从晚上7点到8点30的一个半小时的阿拉伯联合酋长国时间被占据了而且称作“家庭时间”。
This is sacred time.
这是个神圣的时刻。
I have done this ever since Alia was a baby.
我从Alia还是婴儿的时候就这么做了。
I do everything in my power to protect this time
我竭尽所能地去保留这段时间,
so that I can be home by then to spend quality time with my children,
所以我可以在这个时间前回到家与我的孩子们共度宝贵时光,
asking them about their day, checking up on homework,
问问他们的日常,检查他们的作业,
reading them a bedtime story and giving them lots of kisses and cuddles.
给他们读睡前故事,然后给他们许多的吻和拥抱。
If I'm traveling, in whatever the time zone,
如果我正在旅行,无论在哪个时区,
I use Skype to connect with my children even if I am miles away.
我用Skype与孩子们联系,即使我在数里之外。