And then people choose subconsciously, not consciously to ignore the research and go with her heart.
然后人们下意识地选择不自觉地忽视研究所得的坏结果
And that's important to go with your heart. But it's important to with the heart and the mind.
虽然跟随自己的感觉是重要但更重要的是同时注重感觉和思维
Imagine if an aeronautics engineer woke up in the morning and said,
试想一下 如果一个航空工程师在早上醒来 说:
You know, the Law of Gravity thing really makes things difficult for me.
万有引力真的带给我很多麻烦
It's a pain. Things would be so much easier without the law of gravity.
很麻烦如果没有万有引力 事情就易办多了
The design would be simpler. And he designs airplane and he ignores the law of gravity.
航空设备也不用这么麻烦 然后他决定不考虑万有引力设计飞机
What kind of airplane machine would he or she design? A failure.
他会设计出怎样一架飞机呢?肯定会失败
Aeronautics engineer takes into consideration of reality. And reality there's Law of Gravity.
航空工程师必定要考虑到现实现实就是万有引力的存在
We deal with that. Similarly, what research shows us is reality:
我们得接受现实同样 研究显示的结果就是现实
What's out there, what's working and what's not working. And we need to conform to it.
有哪些现象 哪些可行 哪些不可行我们需要遵循现实
Take it into consideration. And it's up to you, to take responsibility,
考虑现实能否搭起学校与社会的桥梁
To bridge the Ivory tower and Main Street. You are being exposed in 32 classes fraught your Harvard career
取决于我们自己在哈佛你们会有32种专业
To the most rigorous thinking on different topics have you take it and apply it,
各自的课程有不同的主题你要将这些知识一一吸收并应用