I think the sort of perspective of asking these questions,
但我们可以通过这个视角来问些问题
why will this still be the leading company 10, 15, 20 years from now, is a, is a really critical one to try to think through.
比如说,为什么这些公司在10年、15年甚至20年以后,仍然可以保持领先?
Let me, let me sort of, I want to sort of go in two slightly other directions with this monopoly vs competition idea.
接下来,我想从另外两个稍微不同的方面解释一下垄断与竞争的思想
And I think so I think this is the, the central idea, in my mind for, for business for starting business
我想这是创业的中心思想
for thinking about them and there are some, interesting perspectives I think it gives on the whole you know,
垄断与竞争在整个创新的历史中,在科技中
on the whole history of innovation and technology and science.
提供了一个非常有趣的视角
Because, yeah we've, we've lived through,
近250至300年里
250, 300 years of incredible technological progress in you know many, many different domains.
在很多不同的领域科技产生了巨大进步
You know, steam engine to railways to telephones, refrigeration, household appliances,
我们发明了蒸汽机,铁路,电话,冰箱,家用电器
you know the computer revolution, aviation.
电脑,飞机,等等
All sorts of different areas of technological innovation
在不同的领域都出现了巨大的技术创新
and then there's sort of analogous thing that one can say about science,
在科学领域也是类似的
where we've lived through centuries of enormous amounts of innovation in science as well.
近几个世纪里,科学界同样产生了巨大的进步
And the thing that I think people always miss when they think about these things is that
在思考这些问题时,人们通常忽略的一点是
because X and Y are independent variables, some of these things can be extremely valuable innovations.
X和Y是相互独立的变量,这些东西之中,有的具有非常高的价值
But the people who invent them, who come up with them, do not get rewarded for this.
但发明它们的人却没有得到相应的回报