手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之感动重临 一人饰演地球村内多个角色(9)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Good evening. My name is Pauline Ning, and first I want to tell you that I'm --

晚上好。我叫宁宝琳,首先我要告诉你们
of course I am a member of the Chinese community in New York.
我是纽约的华人社区的一员
But when Sarah Jones asked me to please come to TED,
但是当莎拉琼斯让我来参加TED的时候
I said, well, you know, first, I don't know that, you know --
起先我说不好,要知道
before two years ago, you would not find me in front of an audience of people,
如果放在两年前,我肯定不会当着这么多人讲话
much less like this because I did not like to give speeches
比这少得多的人,我也不会的,因为我不太愿意作演讲
because I feel that, as an immigrant, I do not have good English skills for speaking.
因为我觉得,作为一名移民,我的英语讲不好
But then, I decided, just like Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, I try anyway.
但我又一想,我要像施瓦辛格州长一样,努力尝试一下
My daughter -- my daughter wrote that, she told me, "Always start your speech with humor."
我的女儿帮我写的发言稿,她告诉我,总要以一个笑话开始演讲

一人饰演地球村内多个角色

But my background -- I want to tell you story only briefly.

关于我的背景,我想简短地跟你们说一下
My husband and I, we brought our son and daughter here in 1980s
我丈夫和我在1980年代带着我们的儿子和女儿来到这里
to have the freedom we cannot have in China at that time.
是冲着这里的自由,当时的中国还没有这么自由
And we tried to teach our kids to be proud of their tradition, but it's very hard.
我们努力教育我们的孩子要为他们的传统感到自豪,但这非常难
You know, as immigrant, I would speak Chinese to them, and they would always answer me back in English.
要知道,作为移民,我会跟孩子们说中文,但他们总是用英文回答我
They love rock music, pop culture, American culture.
他们喜欢摇滚乐,流行文化,美国文化
But when they got older, when the time comes for them to start think about getting married,
但当他们长大以后,到了要谈婚论嫁的年龄
that's when we expect them to realize, a little bit more, their own culture.
我们就希望他们能够回归原本的文化传统


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。