I am often looking into mirrors and singling out my face in group photographs.
我经常对着镜子,从合照中一张一张找出自己的脸。
Am I pretty at sixty five? What does old look like?
65岁的我好看吗?衰老是怎样的?
Sometimes I am wrinkled, sometimes not.
有时我满脸皱纹,有时又不是。
So much depends upon lighting.
这取决于光线。
A camera crew shot pictures of me;
一名摄影师给我拍了照;
one of the five most influential people over sixty in the East Bay.
东海岸60岁以上人群中最有影响力的五人之一。
I am homely. I am old.
我很平庸,很老。
I look like a tortoise in a curly white wig.
看起来像是白发蜷曲的老海龟。
I am stretching head and neck toward the light.
我向着光伸着头和脖子。
Such effort to lift the head, to open the eyes.
花了很大力气抬起头,睁开眼睛。
Black, shiny lash-less eyes. Talking mouth.
黑色有神,睫毛稀疏的眼睛。说话的嘴。
I must utter you something.
我必须告诉你们一些事。
My wrists are crossed in my lap.
我的手交叉放在膝上。
Wrinkles run up the left forearm.
左前臂上满是皱纹。
It's my right shoulder that hurts ... roller blading accident.
我的右肩时时疼痛,玩直排轮时撞到的。
Does the pain show? Does my hiding it?
你们看出来了吗?我掩饰的好吗?
I should have spoken up, 'don't take my, picture. Not in that glare.'
我早该说“别给我拍照。别盯着我看。”
One side of my neck and one cheek are gone in black shadow.
我的脖子和一边脸颊上都有黑色的阴影。
Nobody looks good in hard focus, high contrast,
没人在强聚焦高对比下,
black sweater and skirt, white hair, white sofa, white curtains.
穿着黑毛衣,裙子,白发苍苍,坐在白窗帘前的白沙发上会看着好看