And the commitment to interdisciplinarity both in the famous Law and Economics programmes
我们法学院致力于跨学科发展 不仅将法律和经济学紧密结合
but now more recently with the development of additional programmes in Law and Philosophy is a real hallmark of our Law school.
近来又开设新课程 将法律和哲学联系起来 这已经成为我们法学院的真正的标志
We also decided to make students central to the um conference
我们还决定让学生成为我们这次大会的焦点和主人翁
and I think you can see already what a great decision that was, er
我相信 你们可以看到 这个决定是多么的正确
so I think at this point I'm just gonna turn it over to Scott
我觉得 现在我应该把讲台交给
but I'd like to ask you also to give a vote of thanks to Scott for everything that he did.
斯科特 但是之前我想请你们 和我一起感谢斯科特 感谢他所做的一切努力 (掌声)
Thank you very much Martha for the very kind remarks and for the orientation to what we're doing here.
玛莎 谢谢你 谢谢你的美言 也谢谢你 为大会做的简要介绍
Um, just to follow up,
接着她的发言
I wanted to mention I put out on the table um,
我想说明几点 我在桌子上放了几件东西
a couple of things that came in, um in particular one document that was sent by I believe
特别是 其中有个文件 是圣母大学的
Mary Ellen O'Connell who is at Notre Dame who couldn't be here
的玛丽.艾伦.康奈尔寄过来的 她没法来参加会议
that is a statement by military interrogators saying why they should not use torture.
这份文件是军事审讯人员的声明 说明了他们不应该使用酷刑的原因