I have one more question.
我还有一个问题
Okay, one question, let's take one here.
好,再说最后一个
If you're theoretically someone who,
如果有这样一个人
worked at Goldman Sachs and left there after six months, and is now studying CS at Standford.
在高盛干了六个月后辞职了,现在斯坦福念计算机科学专业
How would you recommend rethinking their competitive advantage?
您能不能给点建议,让他找到竞争优势?
I don't have a great,
我没有很好的--
I'm not great at the psychotherapy stuff so I don't quite know how to solve this.
我不善于做心理治疗,所以我也没什么好办法
There are these very odd studies they've done on people who go to business school.
在哈佛商学院有人
There's one they've done at Harvard Business school where it's sort of the anti-Asperger, personality.
做过一个非常奇怪的研究,找一些反亚斯伯格症的人
We have people who are super extroverted, generally have low convictions, few ideas.
这些人极端外向,通常没有什么信念与想法
And you have sort of a hothouse environment.
他们成长于温室环境中
You put all these people in for two years.
研究者观察这些人长达两年
And at the end of it, they systematically end up, the largest cohort systematically ends up doing the wrong thing.
在最后,这群人成为了一群容易犯错的人
They tried to catch the last wave.
他们想要抓住最后的机会
You know in 1989 everyone in Harvard tried to work with Mike Milken,
在1989年,哈佛的每个人都想为迈克·米尔肯工作
it was one or two years before he went to jail for all the junk bond stuff.
但过了一两年他就因为垃圾证券的事进监狱了
They were never interested in Silicon Valley or tech,
他们对硅谷或技术一点不感兴趣
except for '99 and 2000 when they timed the dot com bubble peaking perfectly.
直到99、00年左右,互联网泡沫达到顶峰之时
They did, and then '05 to '07 was housing. Private equity, stuff like this.
05、07年房地产泡沫时他们又去搞房产。还有私人股本之类的东西
I do think this tendency for us to see competition as validation is very deep.
我认为用竞争验证有效性这种倾向太深远了
I don't think there's any sort of easy psychological formula to avoid it.
我不认为有什么简单的心理学公式能够避免此类倾向
I don't know what sort of therapy to recommend.
也没什么能够推荐的
But my first. My first starting point, which is only like maybe ten percent of the way,
但我首要的出发点是,也许只占考虑整个问题的一小部分
is to never under estimate how big a problem it is.
永远不要低估问题的严重性
We always think this is something that afflicts other people.
我们总是认为别人会受到影响
It's easy for me to point to people in business schools or people at Harvard or people on Wall Street,
我们很容易就想到哈佛商学院或者华尔街那帮人
I think it actually does afflict all of us to a very profound degree.
但实际上我们也不能免于此类问题的困扰
We always think of advertising as things that work on other people.
我们总是认为广告对其他人是有用的
How, who are all these stupid people who fall for all those ads on tv,
只有那些笨蛋才会相信电视上的广告
they obviously work to some extent and they work, to a disturbing extant on all of us.
但这些广告确实对我们所有人都有影响
And it's something we, we all should work to overcome. Thank you very much.
因此我们应该学着去克服这种影响。谢谢大家