"I am sure," she said, "that every one of us here will be gratified to learn
“我想,”它说,“我们仓底这儿的每一位都会很高兴地知道,
that after four weeks of unremitting effort and patience on the part of our friend the goose,
我们的母鹅老朋友经过四个礼拜持续的努力和耐心照料,
she now has something to show for it.
现在有些宝贝要给我们看看了。
The goslings have arrived.
小鹅诞生啦。
May I offer my sincere congratulations!"
请让我表示衷心的祝贺!”
"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" said the goose, nodding and bowing shamelessly.
“谢谢你,谢谢你,谢谢你!”母鹅不怕难为情地点头鞠躬说。
"Thank you," said the gander.
“谢谢你,谢谢你,谢谢你!”公鹅说。
"Congratulations!" shouted Wilbur.
“祝贺你!”威尔伯大叫,
"How many goslings are there? I can only see one."
“有多少只小鹅啊?我只看到一只。”
"There are seven," said the goose.
“一共七只。”母鹅说。
"Fine!" said Charlotte. "Seven is a lucky number."
“好极了!”夏洛说,“七是个幸运数字。”
"Luck had nothing to do with this," said the goose.
“这跟幸运没有关系,”母鹅说,
"It was good management and hard work."
“这是精心照料和辛苦工作的结果。”