I'm battling across a crocodile-infested river in Australia's northern territory.
我正试图穿越位于澳洲北部的 一条鳄鱼横生的河流
Look. There are bubbles there.But focusing on the crocs and not the climb is a bad mistake.
看 那里有水泡冒出来了 但是由于我过度关注水里的鳄鱼
One slip and I'm hanging on for dear life.
导致脚下一滑 因而命悬一线
The sanctuary of solid ground can't come too soon.
重新踏回安全的陆地可不是那么容易
This climb is over,but ahead of me lies hundreds more rivers.
终于越过这条河了 但是还有上百条河等着我去跨越
I don't want to go through that ordeal again.I need a better plan.
我可不想再重蹈覆辙 我得想个别的办法
Seeing a lot of these sort of big, dead, old trees.
我看到了很多这样硕大干枯的老树
The good thing about these they're big, strong, and buoyant.
它们有很多优点 体积大 强度高 易漂浮
With this sort of thing, I'm gonna be able to build a raft,
有了这些木头 我可以做一艘木筏
and that's gonna take me downstream way faster than trying to meander along all these banks and crossing back and forth the river.Come on, then.
我就可以顺着水流到达下游 这可比在这些杂乱的河道里来来回回 蜿蜒前进快多了 那就开工吧
Probably the best way of making this is just to do these bunches,the three logs like this.
通常情况做木筏最简单的办法就是 把三条木料这样放好 做成几捆
Bind these together to a couple of those.You've got, like, these two hulls.
然后再把它们绑到一起 就能做出 像这样的 两截船身
And then just do cross struts to that.
然后再在上面架上木头
And this sort of bamboo vine,it's gonna be great to lash all this together.
再找些这样的竹藤 那就可以很好的把木头系到一起
Rule of thumb for sort of vine you're looking for when you're building these type of rafts
寻找用于做木筏的竹藤 首要原则就是
is you want to remember strength, length, bend,and also bite.
必须有强度 足够长 有韧性 还必须能把木头捆结实