Plowed out, the track will be just like summer snow That has thawed and refrozen,Hard and slippy.
开路 开出的道会像夏季的雪 那会融化然后再结冰 又硬又滑
Whenever I've glissaded before,I've always had some means of arresting myself.
以前每当我滑落的时候 我总是有些办法控制自己
But the reality is most people who fall don't have that.
但现实是绝大部分人没有这些办法
And I've witnessed that firsthand before,with my wife and son.
以前我亲眼目睹过 跟我妻子和儿子一起
I took a fall on a big mountain,only just stopped short of a cliff, very nearly died.
我从一座大山上摔落 恰好不是峭壁 几乎快死了
You know, you can't underestimate just how fast,you pick up speed on these sort of slopes
你不能低估这种斜坡上的 加速度有多快
unless you know what you're doing,You're not gonna beat gravity.
除非你知道你在做什么 你无法打败重力
To see how fast I go,the team have set up a speed camera on the slope
为了检测我下滑的速度 队伍在斜坡上设置了一台测速摄像机
and marked a line in the snow where I'll start my arrest.
并在雪上标记出一条减速线
Then we'll measure how long it takes to stop.
这样便能算出减速过程的用时
And stopping fast can sometimes be critical.
及时制动至关重要
The slope's ready. The camera crew are in position.
雪坡已经铺好 摄像人员也已就位
Time to get up to the top of the mountain.
该上山顶了
Okay, well, this is the top of the slope.
到了 这是坡顶
As is often the case with mountains, though,you get up the top and look down,it often looks much steeper.
正如所有山峰一样 你从山顶往下看 会觉得山坡十分陡峭
Well, you see Dave halfway down with the radar gun.
看见路中拿着测速雷达的戴夫了吧
And I reckon this is gonna be quite fast.
速度一定很快
To make it even faster, I'm gonna ditch the rucksack That's only gonna act as resistance
为了更快 我就不背包了 它只会增大阻力
And then also tuck my jacket into my trousers.
再把外套塞进裤子里
Okay. I kind of suspect this is gonna get quite fast.
好了 我有点怀疑速度够不够快