1、slap
掌掴;用巴掌拍;打…耳光
He would push or slap her once in a while.
他偶尔会推搡她或是打她的耳光。
I slapped him hard across the face.
我重重地掴了他一记耳光。
(友好地)拍(…的后背)
A large middle-aged lady slapped me on the back and said 'Nice to see you again.'
一位身材高大的中年女士拍了拍我的后背说:“很高兴再次见到你。”
(不合理或草率地)施加(赋税、禁令等)
The government slapped a ban on the export of unprocessed logs.
政府贸然禁止出口未加工过的原木。
Thankfully the Government still hasn't discovered a way of slapping a tax on love, sunshine or air.
谢天谢地,政府还没有找到对爱情、阳光和空气课税的方法。
2、come up
走近;走到跟前
Her cat came up and rubbed itself against their legs.
她的猫跑上前来,在他们腿上蹭来蹭去。
He came up to me and said: 'Come on, John.'
他走到我跟前说:“快点,约翰。”
被提及;被讨论
The subject came up during a pre-dinner drink with our guests.
在与客人喝餐前酒的时候,有人提到了这个话题。
Jeane Kirkpatrick's name has come up a lot.
珍妮·柯克帕特里克的名字被多次提到。
即将发生;即将到来
Plan your activities so that you are rested and refreshed when something important is coming up.
做好日常规划,这样一旦发生大事,才能够从容不迫。
We do have elections coming up.
我们的确将要进行选举。