1、get back
恢复(原来的状态)
Then life started to get back to normal.
随后生活又恢复了正常。
I couldn't get back to sleep.
我再也睡不着了。
对…进行报复
The divorce process should not be used as a means to get back at your former partner.
不应该在办理离婚手续上报复以前的伴侣。
I'm going to get you back so badly you'll never to be able to show your face again.
我要狠狠地还以颜色,让你从此无脸见人。
回到,重提(原来的话题)
It wasn't until we had sat down to eat that we got back to the subject of Tom Halliday.
我们直到坐下来吃饭时才又提起汤姆·哈利迪这个话题。
2、make out
(勉强地)辨认出,看出,听出
I could just make out a tall, pale, shadowy figure tramping through the undergrowth.
我只依稀看见一个高个的模糊身影穿过了矮树丛。
She thought she heard a name. She couldn't make it out, though.
她觉着听到了一个名字,却又没听清。
把…弄清楚;理解;明白
I couldn't make it out at all.
我一头雾水。
It is hard to make out what criteria are used.
很难弄清楚使用的是什么样的标准。
力图说成;努力证明
They were trying to make out that I'd actually done it.
他们正在努力证明我真的干过这件事。
I don't think it was as glorious as everybody made it out to be.
我觉得这件事并非像大家说的那么了不起。