And he was quiet for a moment.
那一刻他很安静
And I thought, "What am I thinking? He's five years old. He's not going to understand this."
我想:“我在想什么啊?他才5岁,他不会理解这些。”
And just as I was having that thought, he looked up at me and said,
而正当我怎么想着,他抬头对我说:
"So that when I grow up, I can show this to my kids?"
“那等我长大了,我可以给我的孩子们看,是吗?”
And I thought, "Wow, this is powerful stuff."
我想:“哇,这玩意儿真是太强大了。”
So I want to leave you with one last memorable moment from our family.
所以,我要给各位留下最后一个值得回忆的家庭记忆
This is the first time our son took more than two steps at once -- captured on film.
这是我儿子第一次迈出两步的情形,拍摄在录像中。
And I really want you to focus on something as I take you through.
我希望你们看的时候注意到其中的一点
It's a cluttered environment; it's natural life.
周围有点闹,这是自然的环境
My mother's in the kitchen, cooking, and, of all places, in the hallway,
我妈在厨房做饭,就在过道里
I realize he's about to do it, about to take more than two steps.
我意识到他就要迈步了,大概一两步的样子
And so you hear me encouraging him, realizing what's happening, and then the magic happens. Listen very carefully.
因此各位可以听到我在鼓励他,我感到有事要发生,然后妙事发生了。请仔细听
About three steps in, he realizes something magic is happening,
大概在走了三步后,他感到了美妙的事情发生了
and the most amazing feedback loop of all kicks in, and he takes a breath in,
令人惊讶的反应循环作用全部启动,他松了一口气
and he whispers "wow" and instinctively I echo back the same.
轻轻地说了声:“哇”,我也凭着直觉说了同样的话
And so let's fly back in time to that memorable moment.
我们现在回到那一刻,回到那个令人难忘的一刻。