手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 导师加里的人生体会 > 正文

花时间做到自己的极限

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

(Woman)You know, you gentlemen are up there,

(女士)你们这些绅士就在那里
do you think women can be the same as you guys
你们认为女人能够像你们男士一样
sitting up there, saying things the same way and be accepted in the same way?
坐在那里用同样的方式说话,而且以同样的方式被接受吗?
No. And I think that sucks but I've thought about this a lot.
不能,我觉得这是件糟糕的事,但我也想过这个问题
I've thought about this a crap load.
我想这是一堆废话
I invested in Birchbox. I wrote the first check into that company
我曾经投资过Birchbox,我的第一张支票就给了这家公司
and I sat in the pitch in Starbucks and said yes in 12 minutes.
当时我坐在星巴克的帐篷下,12分钟内就答应了投资
And they got super pumped and emotional in a good way.
她们在触碰人心和打感情牌上很厉害
Not in a cliché bullshit like women way just like pumped.
不是用女人的陈词滥调的欺骗方式而是慢慢感染你
And I asked them I was like I couldn't put my finger on it
我告诉他们,那种感觉说不清道不明
and they're like, "We've gotten 60 no's in a row, you're our first yes."
她们当时说“我们已经连续被拒绝60次了,你是第一个同意投资的人”
And I was cool and I didn't really think much of it.
我当时很冷静,并且没有想太多

Garry.png

It was the nicest day, early in the spring, it was the nicest day of the year four years ago.

那是早春中最好的一天,也是四年前最美好的一天
The first nice day, you know that awesome day that
第一个美好的一天,真的很棒
we love so much in New York.
而且我们非常喜欢纽约
So I was like I'm gonna walk home 'cause
所以当时我决定要走回家
I was kinda in midtown, I was going to Upper East Side.
我当时大概在市中心,准备去上东区
Somewhere around eight blocks in I was like,
距离那里大约8个街区
"Huh. I really wonder that idea was so obvious
"哈,我当时脑子里的那个想法如此清晰"
"I really wonder if those were two dudes would they get 11 yes's instead of one?"
我想如果她们是两个小伙子的话,她们是不是会得到11个yes而不只有1个?"
You have to understand, and this is not even close,
你必须得理解,但这还不确切
my mom, my wife and my first-born daughter are my life. Right?
我的妈妈、妻子和女儿是我的全部,不是吗?
I love my bro and my dad and all this but that is my world
我也很爱我的兄弟和父亲,还有其他一切,但她们才是我的世界
and I, if God, you know I actually don't care
而且你知道,事实上我不介意
if my daughter, god willing, would want to be a big time entrepreneur and CEO
我的女儿想当一个大时代的企业家和CEO
I would want her to dominate the world
我会希望她能够统治这个世界
and I think that people want to look at the world
我认为人们总是习惯
through rosy glasses or very cynical glasses.
以有色眼镜或讽刺的眼光来看世界
And I think the answer is always in-between.
但我觉得答案是在这两者之间
There's a million women entrepreneurs or storytellers that are killing it. Right?
世界上有上百万的女性企业家或者小说作家在消除这种误解,不是吗?
We have to recognize that the way the market consumes
我们必须意识到市场区分人们的方式
people is different based on if they're a woman,
是以女人为标准的
if they're African-American, if they're Muslim-American, just a million.
又或者是根据是否是非洲裔美国人或穆斯林教的美国人等等
How about pretty?
如果是漂亮的人呢?
How about just being pretty? Versus not being as pretty. Right?
如果只是漂亮的话会怎么样呢?和不漂亮的人相比又会怎么样呢?对吧?
There's a million variables in play and I think it's insane.
这其中有太多的变量了,并且我觉得这是很愚蠢的
I come from the Soviet Union.
我来自苏维埃同盟
Right? Where everything being the same is the game.
对吧?只有在游戏中才会平等
It's just not real. Right?
但那不是真实的,不是吗?
By the way, it doesn't mean that it's worse,
顺便说一下 这并不意味着更糟糕了
it doesn't mean that it's worse at all.
这一点都不意味着这更糟糕了
It just means that it's different. So is it the same?
这只是意味着它是不同的,所以它是相同的吗?
No, it's not the same. 'Cause everybody's gonna consume it differently.
不,这不是相同的,因为每个人在以不同的方式消耗生命
It's also not the same for each,
对每个人来说也不是相同的
you're an African-American woman
你是一个非洲裔美国女人
the way that you're consuming me is different than those two Russian guys over there
你消费我的方式和那两个俄罗斯人的方式不一样
who have a connection point with me that's different.
他们和我有着相关却不同的点
I think this whole notion of like……is it the same
我想这个整体的概念就像…它是相同的吗?
of course it's not. It's a silly question.
当然不是,这是个愚蠢的问题
I think what's more important is
我觉得更重要的是
I'm a big believer of betting on your strengths and I spoke to it earlier.
我坚信这都依赖于你的能力,这是我早前提过的
Again, I won the lotto completely.
再说一下 我在乐透彩中大获全胜
White male in America and born in the Soviet Union. I won triple big.
在出生于苏维埃和美国的白人男子中,我的钱翻了三倍
I think that we have to understand how things work.
我觉得我们必须理解事情是怎么发生的
But I'll tell you that, how about this
但是我要告诉你,比如
Casey and I did a video together the other day
凯西和我有一天一起做了一个视频
Casey's fanbase hated me
凯西的粉丝群会讨厌我
as a net score because I talked over him during the show.
把我看成眼中钉,因为我在节目中说服了他
'Cause I get hyper and this and that.
因为我得到了宣传,还有其他一些原因
And I went into my own channel and had to apologize
然后我必须去我自己的频道
to like 500 people that came over from Casey's world
向那些从凯西的频道中来的500多个人道歉
and said, "GaryVee, fuck you. You suck shit."
并且他们说着 “格里,你个混蛋”
Need to spend less time of what we can't be and
我们应该在无法完成的事情上少花一点儿时间
we need to spend more time on what we can be.
同时多花一点时间做到自己的极限

重点单词   查看全部解释    
dominate ['dɔmineit]

想一想再看

v. 支配,占优势,俯视

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
consume [kən'sju:m]

想一想再看

v. 消耗,花费,挥霍

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
pitch [pitʃ]

想一想再看

n. 沥青,树脂,松脂
n. 程度,投掷,球场

联想记忆
recognize ['rekəgnaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激

 
cynical ['sinikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 愤世嫉俗的,吹毛求疵的

 
apologize [ə'pɔlədʒaiz]

想一想再看

vi. 道歉,谢罪

联想记忆
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。