With the crevasse accomplished, we need to rehydrate.
跨过这个冰裂缝 我们得补充水分
At this altitude, the body needs over a liter of water an hour,similar to the desert.
在这种环境下 我们的身体 每小时需要一公升水 就像在沙漠里一样
That's good. Look,you see how the snow's melted in there?
很好 看看 这里的雪融化了吧
Have a drink. Stow them.
喝一点 然后收起来
And we'll get onto this moraine and try and find somewhere to make camp before it gets dark.
我们要爬上这块冰碛 在天黑之前 找地方搭上帐篷
As the glacier carves through this valley,it gouges out millions of tons of rock.
当冰河穿过这个山谷 会挖出百万吨的岩石
This moraine gives us easy access to the tree line.
沿着冰碛走 我们会很容易到达森林线
Get up over the ridge.
爬到山坡上去
We're at 7,000 feet and surrounded by imposing glaciers
我们身在海拔7000英尺的山上 周围是壮观的冰川
With only three hours left of daylight,we need to think about shelter and food.
离天黑只剩三个小时了 我们得赶紧解决食宿问题
We're up off the valley floor.
我们已经离开谷底
All the cold air at night is gonna sink down there,
夜晚 所有冷空气都会在此汇集
so it actually should be a bit warmer up here.
所以上面这儿应该会暖和些
All right, so anywhere along here is gonna be good.
这附近都没问题
That's bear poo.Is that bear?
这是熊的粪便 真正的熊吗
This time of year, the warmer weather brings bears and cougars higher into the mountains.
每年的这个时候 这里温暖的气候 会将熊和美洲豹吸引到山上来
Look, you can see all the hair,what it's been feeding on.
看 这团毛发 这是它刚才所吃进去的
You know, there's a good amount of it.
排泄量还很大
Probably a grizzly.Is it fresh?
有可能是只灰熊 这是刚排泄的吗
You know, we're in the tree line here.
知道吗 我们在森林线附近
So there are gonna be bears.Let's keep going.Let's keep going.
所以可能会有熊出没 我们接着走吧
In the last 20 years, 300 people have been killed by large predators in British Columbia.
过去的二十年里 在不列颠哥伦比亚省 有三百人被大型食肉动物所害