He stepped back and gave the door a most solemn kick.
他退后两步,然后给了这门重重的一脚。
He kicked so hard that his foot went straight through the door and his leg followed almost to the knee.
他踢的太用力以至于他的脚直接穿过了门,并且他的半条腿都陷在了门里。
No matter how he pulled and tugged, he could not pull it out. There he stayed as if nailed to the door.
不论他怎样推拉,都不能把腿拔出来。他站在那儿,就像钉在了门里。
Poor Pinocchio! The rest of the night he had to spend with one foot through the door and the other one in the air.
可怜的皮诺乔!整个下半夜他不得不就这么一条腿插在门里,一条腿翘在空中。
As dawn was breaking, the door finally opened.
当天快亮时,门终于开了。
That brave little animal, the Snail, had taken exactly nine hours to go from the fourth floor to the street. How she must have raced!
蜗牛这勇敢的小生物整整花了九个钟头,才下完四层楼,来到临街的大门口。她肯定跑过了!
"What are you doing with your foot through the door?" she asked the Marionette, laughing.
“你为什么把一条腿插在门里?”它笑着问木偶。
"It was a misfortune. Won't you try, pretty little Snail, to free me from this terrible torture?"
“真倒霉。好蜗牛,你要不要试试,看有什么办法让我不受这份罪。”
"My boy, we need a carpenter here and I have never been one."
“我的孩子,这件事得找木匠,我可从来没当过木匠。”
"Ask the Fairy to help me!" "The Fairy is asleep and does not want to be disturbed."
“求求仙女来帮我吧!” “仙女睡了,不想人叫醒她。”
"But what do you want me to do, nailed to the door like this?"
“我钉在这门上,您叫我怎么办呢?”
"Enjoy yourself counting the ants which are passing by."
“你就自得其乐,数数路上走过的蚂蚁吗。”
"Bring me something to eat, at least, for I am faint with hunger." "Immediately!"
“至少给我点儿吃的吧,我快饿晕了。” “马上拿来!”
In fact, after three hours and a half, Pinocchio saw her return with a silver tray on her head.
实际上又整整过了三个半钟头,皮诺乔才看见它顶着个银托盘回来
On the tray there was bread, roast chicken, fruit.
托盘上有面包、烤鸡、水果。
"Here is the breakfast the Fairy sends to you," said the Snail.
“这是仙女给你的早饭,”蜗牛说。
At the sight of all these good things, the Marionette felt much better.
木偶看到这些好东西,感觉好多了。