A few years ago, I felt like I was stuck in a rut,
几年前,我感觉对老一套感到枯燥乏味,
so I decided to follow in the footsteps of the great American philosopher, Morgan Spurlock,
所以我决定追随伟大的美国哲学家摩根·斯普尔洛克的脚步,
and try something new for 30 days. The idea is actually pretty simple.
尝试做新事情30天。这个想法的确是非常简单。
Think about something you've always wanted to add to your life and try it for the next 30 days.
考虑下,你常想在你生命中做的一些事情接下来30天尝试做这些。
It turns out 30 days is just about the right amount of time to add a new habit or subtract a habit
这就是,30天刚好是这么一段合适的时间去养成一个新的习惯或者改掉一个习惯
like watching the news — from your life.
例如看新闻--在你生活中。
There's a few things I learned while doing these 30-day challenges.
当我在30天做这些挑战性事情时,我学到以下一些事。
The first was, instead of the months flying by, forgotten, the time was much more memorable.
第一件事是,取代了飞逝而过易被遗忘的岁月的是这段时间非常的更加令人难忘。
This was part of a challenge I did to take a picture every day for a month.
挑战的一部分是要一个月内每天我要去拍摄一张照片。
And I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing that day.
我清楚地记得那一天我所处的位置我都在干什么。
I also noticed that as I started to do more and harder 30-day challenges, my self-confidence grew.
我也注意到随着我开始做更多的,更难的30天里具有挑战性的事时,我自信心也增强了。
I went from desk-dwelling computer nerd to the kind of guy who bikes to work. For fun!
我从一个台式计算机宅男极客变成了一个爱骑自行车去工作的人--为了玩乐。
Even last year, I ended up hiking up Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa.
甚至去年,我完成了在非洲最高山峰乞力马扎罗山的远足。
I would never have been that adventurous before I started my 30-day challenges.
在我开始这30天做挑战性的事之前我从来没有这样爱冒险过。