Alack, what poverty my Muse brings forth,
唉,我的诗神本可趁机纵横诗坛,
That having such a scope to show her pride,
却谁知到头只写出平庸的诗篇,
The argument all bare is of more worth
它的题材本身就价值无比,
Than when it hath my added praise beside!
有了我的颂词却贬值不如从前。
O, blame me not, if I no more can write!
啊,如我不复写作请别责难我,
Look in your glass, and there appears a face
照照镜子吧,镜中有一张脸蛋
That over-goes my blunt invention quite,
远远超过我钝拙的涂鸦之作,
![together together](http://pic.kekenet.com/2017/0707/11571499413537.jpg)
Dulling my lines and doing me disgrace.
狼藉了我的声名使我诗趣大减。
Were it not sinful then, striving to mend,
好端端的题材反失于修修补补,
To mar the subject that before was well?
我茫然:自己是否已成了罪犯?
For to no other pass my verses tend
我的诗之为诗只为要颂扬你,
Than of your graces and your gifts to tell;
颂扬你阔大的美德与才干。
And more, much more, than in my verse can sit
你有镜子,照照你自己的镜子吧,
Your own glass shows you when you look in it.
我的歪诗所写远不如你镜中所见。