手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 轻松娱乐听力 > 英语PK台 > 正文

英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第534期:西餐点菜篇(1)点披萨

来源:可可英语 编辑:Vicki   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Dialogue 1

Jingjing: You've been here before, right?
京晶:你以前来过这儿吧?
Mark: Lots of times. I used to live near here. It was my home away from home.
马克:来过好多次了。我过去就住这附近。这地方对我来说就跟家一样。
Jingjing: What do you think we should order?
京晶:你觉得我们应该点些什么吃呢?
Mark: Well, pizza, for sure. They have three sizes.
马克:当然是披萨了。他们这儿有三种尺寸的。
Jingjing: We could order two of the smaller ones. That way, we could get two different kinds of pizza.
京晶:我们可以点两个小份的。这样的话,我们就能吃到两款披萨。
Mark: It's a better deal to get one medium. It's about the same total price. But you end up with more pizza.
马克:点一个中份的更好。总价都差不多,而且中份的分量还更多。
Jingjing: If you've run the numbers, I'll take your word for it. But I don't want to get stuck with a whole lot of one kind of pizza.
京晶:如果你计算过了,那我就相信你吧。不过我不想就光吃那么一种披萨。
Mark: In the menu, it says we can go half and half. The sauce has to be the same, though.
马克:菜单上说,我们可以做成两个不同的一半,不过酱料必须得是用同一款。
Jingjing: So, let's get half with loads of meat, and half with some choice vegetables.
京晶:那就让我们来一款一半肉多的,一半自选菜的吧。
Mark: Is there anything we should keep off the pizza?
京晶:有什么是我们不放在披萨里的吗?
Jingjing: I'd rather not have seafood, or anything sweet.
京晶:我宁愿不要海鲜,或者任何甜的东西。
Mark: Same with me. What about mushrooms?
马克:我也一样。那蘑菇呢?
Jingjing: If we can stay away from mushrooms, that'd be better.
京晶:如果我们可以不放蘑菇,那更好。
Mark: OK. How about half of this and half of that?
马克:好,要不这个放一半那个放一半怎么样?
Jingjing: Great. We're all set.
京晶:行,妥了。

西餐点菜篇(1)点披萨

New words: 习语短语

my home away from home家以外的另外一个家,常用来形容让你感觉舒适、熟悉的地方
(a place you go to often, such as a coffee shop, where you feel comfortable)
a better deal 一个更好的更划算的选择
(more value for the money)
end up with 结果是……
(have, as a result)
run the numbers 计算
(calculate)
take (someone's) word for it 直接相信某人所说
(believe someone without finding out on one's own)

Dialogue 2

Mark: I'm glad we got that pizza going right away. What else would you like to order—salad, soup, chicken wings?
马克:真好我们这就把披萨点好了。其他你还有什么想要点的吗?——沙拉,汤,鸡翅?
Jingjing: I can't really decide.
京晶:我还真没主意。
Mark: Let me grab another menu so you can keep looking.
马克:让我再拿一份菜单,这样的话你就能继续再看看。
Jingjing: Besides pizza, what's good here?
京晶:除了披萨之外,这家店还有什么好吃的?
Mark: Actually, it's all mostly pub grub. There's no need to think about it too much.
马克:事实上,都差不多是些酒吧快食(油炸类食物)。不用考虑太多了。
Jingjing: It would be nice to have a salad.
京晶:来份沙拉就挺好的了。
Mark: The salads are okay here. And by okay, I mean so-so. And by so-so, I mean not worth it.
马克:这里的沙拉也还行。还行,我的意思是说一般般吧,一般般,我的意思其实是说不值得点啦。
Jingjing: Uh, o-kay—oh, is that our pizza already?
京晶:额,那好吧。那是我们的披萨好了吗?
Mark: He's coming toward us—oh, fake out! It was for the people at the next table.
马克:他正向我们这一桌走过来呢。噢!假象!这是隔壁桌的菜。
Jingjing: Wow, that's a huge pizza. Is that the size we ordered?
京晶:哇哦,好大的一个披萨啊!这是我们点的那个尺寸吗?
Mark: That's the large. But the medium is more than enough for the two of us.
马克:那是个大份的。中份的对咱俩来说已经足够了。
Jingjing: You should have said so earlier.
京晶:你早说就好了。
Mark: Yeah, this is frat-boy pizza. It's easy to get your fill.
马克:对啊,这一款是又大又厚的那种披萨,很容易就能让你填饱肚皮。
Jingjing: I'll stop looking at this menu, then.
京晶:那我现在就不继续看菜单了。

New words: 习语短语

got that pizza going 点好了某种餐食,厨房已经开始准备了
(ordered an item on the menu, so that the kitchen is cooking it)
pub grub 酒吧小食
(fried food, usually served at bars)
fake out 迷惑某人的假象
(got me to believe something briefly, which turned out to be otherwise)
frat-boy pizza 大而厚的披萨
(big, thick pizza with lots of cheese and toppings, usually not fine quality)
get your fill 吃饱,填饱
(have more than enough to eat)

重点单词   查看全部解释    
medium ['mi:diəm]

想一想再看

n. 媒体,方法,媒介
adj. 适中的,中等

联想记忆
calculate ['kælkjuleit]

想一想再看

v. 计算,估计,核算,计划,认为

 
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
quality ['kwɔliti]

想一想再看

n. 品质,特质,才能
adj. 高品质的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。