So, now I have confess'd that he is thine,
他是你的,这点我已经承认,
And I myself am mortgaged to thy will,
为填你的欲壑我成为你的抵押品。
Myself I'll forfeit, so that other mine
心甘情愿作你的俘虏,好让另一个我
Thou wilt restore, to be my comfort still:
能被你释放,我从而感到快乐舒心。
But thou wilt not, nor he will not be free,
而你却不能放他走,他也不想自由。
For thou art covetous and he is kind;
你虽纵欲无度,他倒也体谅温存。
He learn'd but surety-like to write for me
他本是为我作保,才在契约上签字,
Under that bond that him as fast doth bind.
却谁知那契约反把他箍得紧紧。
The statute of thy beauty thou wilt take,
你的美貌使你能得到特权,
Thou usurer, that put'st forth all to use,
随心所欲地使用你的抵押品,
And sue a friend came debtor for my sake;
我的朋友也因我而成为你的债务人,
So him I lose through my unkind abuse.
我连累和失去了他,你的控诉得逞。
Him have I lost; thou hast both him and me:
我不再拥有他,你却把我们两个抓牢,
He pays the whole, and yet am I not free.
他了清旧债,我却不能自在逍遥。