I also tried to be the safest person I could be, because that's a part of health.
我还尽我所能做个最安全的人,因为这也是健康的一部分。
I was inspired by the Danish Safety Council.
我受到丹麦安全委员会的启发。
They started a public campaign that says, "A walking helmet is a good helmet."
他们发起一个公益活动,口号是:“步行专用头盔是个好头盔”。
So they believe you should not just wear helmets for biking, but also for walking around.
他们认为不仅仅要在骑单车的时候戴头盔,走路的时候同样需要。
And you can see there they're shopping with their helmets.
如你所见,他们连购物都带着头盔。
Well yeah, I tried that. Now it's a little extreme, I admit.
恩,我也尝试了,我承认这看来有些极端。
But if you think about this, this is actually -- the "Freakonomics" authors wrote about this
但是如果你想一下,这实际上是因为--《魔鬼经济学》的作者写到过--
that more people die on a per mile basis from drunk walking than from drunk driving.
以一英里为基准,死于酒后步行的人多过死于酒后驾驶的人。
So something to think about tonight if you've had a couple.
如果你已经结婚了,你应该思考一下这个问题。
So I finished, and it was a success in a sense. All of the markers went in the right direction.
所以我完成了这些事情,某种程度上说是成功的。所有的指标都变得正常了。
My cholesterol went down, I lost weight, my wife stopped telling me that I looked pregnant.
我的胆固醇下降了,体重减轻了,我妻子也不说我看上去像个孕妇了。
So that was nice. And it was successful overall.
这非常棒。总的来说是成功的。
But I also learned that I was too healthy, and that was unhealthy.
但是我同样意识到,我过于健康了,这本身也是不健康的。
I was so focused on doing all these things that I was neglecting my friends and family.
我过度专注于做那些事情,却忽视了我的朋友和家庭。
And as Dan Buettner can tell you, having a strong social network is so crucial to our health.
就像丹·布特纳告诉大家的那样,拥有一个广泛的社交网对我们的健康至关重要。