But so much of it is about what we have inside here.
但最重要的是我们的内在
Branden, "self-concept is destiny."
布兰登说过"自我概念即命运"
Very similar to"whatever your mind can conceive, it can achieve" from Napoleon Hill.
与"只要你想得到,只要你相信,你就能够做到",非常相似拿破仑·希尔说的
The only difference being that he also puts a lot of rigorous thinking and research there and shows the limitation of the belief.
唯一的不同之处是他对此进行了严谨细致的思考与研究以证明信仰的局限性
Here is another example of research done in the area which most people know about.
这一领域的另一个研究,大多数都听说过
The Placebo effect.
安慰剂效应
You go to the doctor, you have a headache, the doctor tells you: here I have a pill for you.
你头痛,去看医生,医生说,我给你开种药
The best thing. Just came out recently.
非常有效,新出的
Will help you get over the headache.
能治疗你的头痛
Gives you the pill. You get over the headache.
你吃了药,头不痛了
Unbeknownst to you, what she gave you was, a sugar pill.
你不知道的是,她给你的其实是糖球
But because you thought, because you believed that it would help your headache,
但是因为你以为,因为你相信它能治好头痛
it actually did help your headache. Real phenomena medicine.
还真治好了,真是神药啊
So Herbert Benson, from the across the river, from the medical school here, has done a lot of research in this area.
于是赫伯特·本森在河对岸,医学院的老师对此做了一系列研究
Let me share with you just two of his studies.
我着重跟大家讲两个
What Benson did was bringing women who had, who were pregnant, and who had stomach problems...
他找了一些处在妊娠期胃部不适的妇女
they were vomiting, they were throwing up, they were nauseous,
她们都有呕吐恶心的症状
something which is relatively common especially in the first trimester of pregnancy.
这其实挺常见的,尤其是在怀孕初期的三个月
So he brought them in and told them, "I have this new pill for you that will help you overcome your stomach distress.
他告诉她们,"这里有一种新药能缓解你们胃部不适
You won't throw up any more after; this is a very powerful and good pill."
治疗呕吐症状非常有效