CHAPTER 36
第三十六章
"My dear Father, we are saved!" cried the Marionette.
“亲爱的爸爸,我们得救了。”木偶叫到。
"All we have to do now is to get to the shore, and that is easy."
“我们只需要上岸就行了,那是很容易的事。”
Without another word, he swam swiftly away in an effort to reach land as soon as possible.
没有多说一句话,他迅速地游着努力尽快到达海岸。
All at once he noticed that Geppetto was shivering and shaking as if with a high fever.
突然他注意到杰佩托在发抖,就好像发高烧了一样。
Was he shivering from fear or from cold? Who knows? Perhaps a little of both.
他是冷得发抖,还是吓得发抖呢?谁知道呢,也许两者都有一些。
But Pinocchio, thinking his father was frightened, tried to comfort him by saying:
可皮诺乔认为他的爸爸被吓到了,试着安慰他说:
"Courage, Father! In a few moments we shall be safe on land."
“勇敢点,爸爸!过一会儿到陆地我们就安全了。”
"But where is that blessed shore?" asked the little old man, more and more worried as he tried to pierce the faraway shadows.
“可这老天降福的海岸在哪儿啊?”小老头问道。当他试图看穿远处的一片漆黑的时候,他越来越担心了。
"Here I am searching on all sides and I see nothing but sea and sky."
“我四面八方都看了,就只看见天连水,水连天。”
"I see the shore," said the Marionette.
“我看见了岸,”木偶说。
"Remember, Father, that I am like a cat. I see better at night than by day."
“记住,爸爸,我就像猫,晚上看得比白天还清楚。”
Poor Pinocchio pretended to be peaceful and contented, but he was far from that.
可怜的皮诺乔装做一副平和心安的样子,可实际上根本不是那样。
He was beginning to feel discouraged, his strength was leaving him,
他开始感到泄气,他快没力气了,
and his breathing was becoming more and more labored.
呼吸也越来越困难。
He felt he could not go on much longer, and the shore was still far away.
他觉得他坚持不了多久了,可海岸还远着呢。
He swam a few more strokes.
他又游了几下,
Then he turned to Geppetto and cried out weakly: "Help me, Father! Help, for I am dying!"
然后他向杰佩托转过脸来,微弱地叫着:“救救我,爸爸,救救我,我快死了!”