The Zuckermans went up to change into their best clothes.
朱克曼夫妇回去换上最好的衣服。
Lurvy went to shave and put on his plaid shirt and his purple necktie.
勒维刮干净胡子,穿上他的格子衬衫,打上紫色领带。
The animals were left to themselves in the barn.
牲口留在谷仓里。
The seven goslings paraded round and round their mother.
七只小鹅围着它们的妈妈。
"Please, please, please take us to the Fair!" begged a gosling.
“谢谢你,谢谢你,谢谢你带我们上集市去!”一只小鹅求它。
Then all seven began teasing to go.
接着七只小鹅全吵着要去。
"Please, please, please, please, please, please ..." They made quite a racket.
“谢谢你,谢谢你,谢谢你,谢谢你,谢谢你,谢谢你……”它们吵得昏天黑地。
"Children!" snapped the goose.
“孩子们!”母鹅厉声说,
"We're staying quietly-ietly-ietly at home.
“我们不去,安安静静——安安静静——安安静静留在家里。
Only Wilbur-ilbur-ilbur is going to the Fair."
只有威尔伯——威尔伯——威尔伯上集市去。”
Just then Charlotte interrupted.
就在这时候,夏洛插话了。
"I shall go, too," she said, softly.
“我也去,”它轻轻地说,
"I have decided to go with Wilbur.
“我拿定主意了,要和威尔伯一起去。
He may need me. We can't tell what may happen at the Fair Grounds.
它也许需要我。我们说不准在集市会发生什么事。
Somebody's got to go along who knows how to write.
得有个会写字的和它一起去。
And I think Templeton better come, too
我想坦普尔顿最好也去
- I might need somebody to run errands and do general work."
——我可能要个帮手跑来跑去做点事。”
"I'm staying right here," grumbled the rat.
“我不去,我就留在这里,”老鼠咕哝说,
"I haven't the slightest interest in fairs."
“我对集市一点兴趣也没有。”