I want our youth to grow up to achieve great things.
我希望我们的年轻人长大以后能有所成就。
I want our poor to have their chance to rise.
我希望我们的穷人能有发达的机会。
So tonight, I am extending an open hand to work with members of both parties — Democrats and Republicans,
因此今晚,我愿意和两党合作,民主党人和共和党人,
to protect our citizens of every background, color, religion, and creed.
保护我们的公民,无论他们的背景、肤色、宗教和信仰。
My duty, and the sacred duty of every elected official in this chamber, is to defend Americans,
我的职责,这个屋子里每一个选举官员的神圣职责是捍卫美国人民,
to protect their safety, their families, their communities, and their right to the American dream.
保卫他们的安全、家庭、群体、和实现美国梦的权利。
Because Americans are dreamers, too.
因为美国人也是梦想者。
Here tonight is one leader in the effort to defend our country,
今晚我们请到了一位捍卫国家事业的佼佼者,
Homeland Security Investigations Special Agent Celestino Martinez. He goes by DJ. And CJ. He said call me either one. So we'll call you CJ.
国土安全调查局的特别探员切雷斯蒂诺·马丁内兹。他的代号是DJ和CJ。他说,我叫哪个都可以,所以我叫他CJ。
Served 15 years in the Air Force before becoming an ICE agent
他在空军服役十五年,然后成为移民与海关执法局探员,
and spending the last 15 years fighting gang violence and getting dangerous criminals off of our streets. Tough job.
用十五年打击黑社会暴力犯罪,与街上危险的犯罪分子斗争。是份苦差事。
At one point, MS-13 leaders ordered CJ's murder, and they wanted it to happen quickly.
有一次,MS-13的头目下令杀了CJ,而且他们想尽快行动。
But he did not cave to threats or to fear.
但他没有被吓倒。
Last May, he commanded an operation to track down gang members on Long Island.
去年五月,他在长岛指挥了一次追踪匪帮的行动,
His team has arrested nearly 400, including more than 220 MS-13 gang members.
他的团队一下子抓获了近400个帮派分子,其中超过220个来自MS-13帮。
And I have to tell you what the Border Patrol and ICE have done.
我必须告诉你们边境巡逻队和移民海关执法局的成就。
We have sent thousands and thousands and thousands of MS-13 horrible people out of this country or into our prisons.
我们将数千名MS-13的恐怖成员送出了我们的国土,或者是送进了我们的监狱。