Dialogue 1
Mark: What's new, Jingjing?
马克:最近怎么样啊,京晶?
Jingjing: Same old, same old, I'm afraid. Hey, did you catch the Oscars?
京晶:老样子,老样子吧。对了,你关注奥斯卡了吗?
Mark: I didn't actually watch it, but I was interested to see who won.
马克:我没看,但是我还挺感兴趣都谁得奖了。
Jingjing: So, you got the run down online, eh? I saw a few short videos of the ceremony, but searched the web for most of the info.
京晶:所以,你在网上找到这方面的消息了?我看了颁奖礼的几个短视频,大多数相关资讯还是在网上搜的。
Mark: Good old Wikipedia! Were you surprised by any of the results?
马克:真是又方便又靠谱的维基百科啊!有结果让你觉得惊讶吗?
Jingjing: Well, I've not had time to catch most of those films. So, I was just rooting for the ones I had seen.
京晶:我没时间看其中大部分影片,我就支持我看过的片子。
Mark: Me too! I watched Dunkirk last summer, and was glad to see another film by Christopher Nolan.
马克:我也是!我去年夏天看了《敦刻尔克大撤退》,很开心看到克里斯托弗·诺兰执导的另一部影片。
Jingjing: That's the same director who did Inception, right?
京晶:是执导过《盗梦空间》的同一位导演吧?
Mark: Yeah, and Memento. I've been a fan of his films for a long time. I even watched his first film, the Followingin the theater.
马克:对,还有《记忆碎片》。我一直是他的粉丝。我甚至还在电影院看过他的第一部影片《追随》。
Jingjing: He didn't win Best Director, though. Dunkirk got three or so other awards, for technical stuff.
京晶:可他没有得到最佳导演奖,《敦刻尔克》因为技术运用获得了差不多三个其他奖项。
Mark: Yeah, editing and sound. Did you see the movie that won Best Picture?
马克:是的,剪辑和音响(注:最佳音响,最佳音效剪辑)。你看了最佳影片吗?
Jingjing: No, but on the radio, I heard an interview of one of the actors.
京晶:没有。但是我在广播上听到了其中一名演员的采访。
Mark: Do you mean Richard Jenkins?
马克:是理查德·詹金斯吗?
Jingjing: I think that was the actor's name. He played Giles in the movie.
京晶:我想这就是那个演员的名字。他在电影里扮演的吉尔斯。
Mark: He's been a supporting actor in a bunch of comedies. I'm glad he at least got nominated for an Oscar this time, for a more serious role.
马克:他在很多喜剧里演过配角。我很高兴听到他终于被奥斯卡提名的消息,因为一个严肃的角色。
Jingjing: Yeah, now I'm really interested in seeing the Shape of Water.
京晶:是啊,现在我非常感兴趣想看看《水形物语》。
Mark: So am I. It's supposed to be very well written.
马克:我也是。应该创作得很好。
Jingjing: I've gotta go now, Mark. If I have a chance to find those films, I'll share them with you.
京晶:我得走了,马克。如果我有机会能找到那些片子,我就带给你看。
New words:习语短语
same old, same old 老样子,没变化
nothing has changed
the Oscars 奥斯卡金像奖
awards given for best films
the run down 关于某事的详尽描述的信息
some important information, enough to understand something
ceremony 颁奖礼
a show with awards
rooting for 支持 挺(某人)
supporting, without actually doing anything
supporting actor 配角
an actor who plays in a film, but not the lead role
serious role 正剧的角色
a character in the film, not funny
Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Hi again, Mark.
京晶:嗨,马克
Mark: I was looking forward to seeing you.
马克:我盼着见你呢。
Jingjing: Is that just because you expect me to have some movies to share with you?
京晶:是不是因为期待着我给你带点片子看呀?
Mark: Of course not! I'm glad to see you any time. Uh, did you find any of those films from this year's Academy Awards?
马克:当然不是啦!何时何地我见到你都开心着呢。你找到今年奥斯卡的一些片子了吗?
Jingjing: No luck. I only found one, and it's still downloading.
京晶:没呢。只找到了一部,还在下载中。
Mark: Wow, you must have a really slow Internet connection.
马克:哇哦,你的网速一定慢得可以啊。
Jingjing: Ha ha. Sometimes it's fast—when everybody's sleeping. Can you guess which film I found?
京晶:哈哈。有时候快——大家都在睡觉的时候。你能猜到我找了哪部吗?
Mark: Is it one of the ones we talked about?
马克:是不是我们聊过的那部?
Jingjing: No. I'll tell you:it's Darkest Hour.
京晶:不是的,告诉你吧,《至暗时刻》。
Mark: Oh, that's the one about Winston Churchill. I can't imagine Gary Oldman playing that role.
马克:噢,关于丘吉尔的那部。我简直不敢相信加里·奥德曼扮演了那个角色。
Jingjing: You still think of him as Sirius Black, from the Harry Potter films, don't you?
京晶:你仍然觉得他是哈利波特系列电影里的小天狼星布莱克吧?
Mark: Yeah. But he's a pretty good actor.
马克:是啊。但他是个不错的演员。
Jingjing: He won best actor for his role in Darkest Hour. So, it's worth watching him play Churchill.
京晶:他因为在《至暗时刻》的扮演的角色获得了最佳男演员奖。所以,值得一看他扮演的丘吉尔。
Mark: I'm a history buff. So, I like anything about World War II.
马克:我是个历史迷。所以我喜欢任何关于二战的东西。
Jingjing: Did you ever see the Reader?
京晶:你看过《朗读者》吗?
Mark: Is that the one with Kate Winslet? I just watched the first few minutes of it, but got too busy to finish.
马克:凯特·温斯莱特演的那一部吗?我只看了开头的几分钟,太忙了没看完。
Jingjing: Watch it sometime when you don't get interrupted. It's a very moving story. I won't tell you anything about it, because I don't want to spoil it for you.
京晶:没人打扰你的时候再把它看完吧。非常感人的故事。我就先什么都不说了,免得给你剧透。
Mark: Well, then that's the film I'll see next. Thanks for the recommendation.
马克:好,那下一部我就看这个。感谢推荐。
New words:习语短语
Academy Awards 奥斯卡金像奖
awards given for best films (the Academy of Motion Pictures and Sciences)
downloading 下载
getting content from the Internet onto you own computer
history buff 历史迷
someone who likes history and knows a lot about it (alternately movie buff)
spoil 剧透
give away the ending of a story (A spoiler is when the ending is given away in a review.)